• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

UK Fantasy Publishers and Agents

RK-Summers

Scribe
Hi guys! So, here's the thing. I'm a young British lady (I say 'young', I'm 23...), and I don't have a lot of experience with the "big bad world", so I'm looking for a little bit of friendly help from friendly people in the same boat as me.

I completed my manuscript a little under a year ago, and I've submitted to more agents and publishers than I can think of.

Thing is, I'm running out of agents and publishers that accept fantasy. Is it just me? I keep seeing "no fantasy or sci-fi" or "literary fiction only" in the Writers' & Artists' Yearbooks.

I've received a lot of rejections, and one recently requested a full manuscript, then changed their minds after three weeks and sent me a rejection. I've always wanted to publish traditionally, so I'm not considering self-publishing or ebook publishing. It's also started to get me a little down, but we'll not go into that.

Does anyone know of any UK publishers or agents that accept fantasy manuscripts?

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
A friend (acquaintance) of mine got his debut novel published by Inspired Quill (Inspired Quill). I don't know how well known they are and it may very well be you've checked them out already, but it's the only one I know of yet.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Are you only looking in the UK or are you looking abroad as well? Don't fret too much over rejections. My mother, also a writer, taught me that you're not a real writer until you can wallpaper with rejection slips. And the day you start getting the personalized ones is awesome! The most important thing is to keep those queries out in the mail, and keep working on your next manuscript.

I can't suggest any UK publishers (being Australian and all) but it strikes me you're awfully young to be getting depressed about rejection. Most people's first published book is the fourth they wrote.

RK-Summers

Scribe
I guess I'm just impatient. I've wanted to be an author since I was four years old. I've been driven every single day since to strive to become an author, and although I've received more rejections than I can count (which is a lot. Don't want to brag, but I can count pretty high :) ), I refuse to give up.

Rant over :)

RK-Summers

Scribe
Hi guys, I realise this is probably a bit old now, I just wanted to let you know that Inspired Quill accepted my submission, and my debut novel, The Old Ways, is going to be released in September!