• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Gulp... hi?

Where to start? Ummm, I'm really poor with introductions so I'll attempt to make this as quick and painless as possible. I am new here... obviously. But hi anyway! I've already enjoyed reading numerous posts on here and it almost seemed like a good idea to set up my own account.... at the time. :)

I come to you from the cold north where everything freezes to death as a writer wishing to communicate with others who carry similar passion for fiction and fantasy, as it were. I haven't ever published anything and am unsure if I ever will. Unlike many, I write for me. (Selfish, I know) I've been writing for as long as I can remember. Fine, I admit, grade three wasn't that many years ago. *Cringes* Was that my outside voice? ;D

So, I hope I can meet some of you and enjoy talking in later times.

Adios!

BCTC

RainbowGirl

Scribe
I'm from up north too =) welcome! Do you think that we like books more then other people or no? My sister is under the impression we do because of the extra time indoors as a result of cold winters.

Books more than people? I'd have to suggest no. It's people that we base stories on and read books about. Without interaction with others, human nature could be forgotten and thus, we'd develop an inability to write on them. Make sense at all?

Then again, real people? I don't see any of those in the winter! As if they could dig into my house through all the snow. ;)

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
I think RainbowGirl meant to say 'Do you think that we like books more than other people do?', which sort of accompanies your last few sentences pretty well, ha.

Ahhh, I see. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I guess I wouldn't know then. We get more time to read. Perhaps we don't fully appreciate it then? What do you think?

RainbowGirl

Scribe
That's a good point. Though at the same time because we have more time, we see more aspects of writing. Giving us a better outlook on reading as a whole.

It works both ways. Depends on the person. To some, reading more will enhance their enjoyment and love of written word. For others, it may not. Which one are you? ;)