• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

King Killer Chrionicles on TV?

Ophiucha

Auror
Well, I do love the series, so I'll certainly watch it. But I don't have high hopes. Eric Heisserer? With such illustrious credits as the mediocre remake/prequel of The Thing? And Fi(ve)nal Destination? I'll be surprised if it gets a full season in before it is cancelled. If it comes out while the Game of Thrones hype is still high, it might be able to fill a fall slot for people looking for something to tide them over, but the book isn't nearly as popular as A Song of Ice and Fire was before it's TV show came out, so I don't think as many people will be talking about it.

But if it gets a good actor as Kvothe, it could do well.

Jess A

Archmage
Well, I do love the series, so I'll certainly watch it. But I don't have high hopes. Eric Heisserer? With such illustrious credits as the mediocre remake/prequel of The Thing? And Fi(ve)nal Destination? I'll be surprised if it gets a full season in before it is cancelled.

It can't be worse than Legend of the Seeker. Amusing but stupid at the same time.

brokethepoint

Troubadour
I did catch some of Legend of the Seeker while it was a little cheesy I did enjoy it.

I seriously hope King Killer is better.

CAL9000

Acolyte
I'm very worried that Kingkiller will be similar to Legend of the Seeker. I don't really see it as a doable TV show. That is UNLESS it is going to focus on Kvothe's adventures that he isn't telling Chronicler in the books. Really, I think that's the only way it could even remotely work.
Hope Rothfuss didn't make a mistake by letting his story get picked up by the same guys who made such wise decisions concerning Firefly...

Jess A

Archmage
I did catch some of Legend of the Seeker while it was a little cheesy I did enjoy it.

I seriously hope King Killer is better.

Yeah it was entertaining, but cheesy is the right word. Also, season 1 didn't work on my DVD player. And the storyline was seriously lacking.

I've never read the King Killer series! I should get the books before the show comes out. They look pretty decent; I've been looking at the author's website.