• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Seeking help and guidance for my first proper attempt at a novel.

SmokeScribe98

Minstrel
Buonasera. I am a young writer with little experience thus far but I am a writer hopefully with some ambition, imagination and talent albeit not very much. I've come here as I come from a background that doesn't give itself to what I wish to accomplish in writing and so I hope that here I can seek guidance from more experienced writers and readers of fantasy literature so that it may assist me in my planning and eventual writing of my novel.

I have wrote about 4 books now, at varying ages but I now consider these books to be failures and mere preparations for what I wish to achieve in writing, three of these books are fantasy and range in length from 50 to 100 pages. I also wrote a one of historical fiction book and have managed to get A and A star grades in the plethora of works I have done for GCSE courses but now I really wish to have a proper attempt at a full well planned out novel. Whereas before my novels lacked direction and proper planning I hope to have a fully planned out plot, world and set of characters this time.

Any help would be much appreciated, so thank you if any of you even spare the time to read this small post. Grazzie.

Aosto

Sage
Welcome aboard SmokeScribe98. You will find a great amount of talent and resources here, I can assure you that. Everyone here comes from many walks of life, and not all of use are published professional writers. We do all share the same ambition though, to write a great story for the people to enjoy.

Spider

Sage
Nice to meet you! You aren't the only young writer with little experience here, so no need to worry. Feel free to chat with me when I return from vacation. :)

Guru Coyote

Archmage
Welcome aboard! From what you write, you've definitely come to the right place!

Feel free to post questions or even excerpts from your work. All folk here are friendly and helpful.

I just landed here yesterday and I already feel like I'm home. Everyone so far has been, above and beyond, welcoming and encouraging.

I welcome you and encourage you to engage with the community, I hope you too will feel at home here. I think we will both find a wealth of knowledge and wisdom in these pages.