• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

teacup

Auror
Smokescribe: same, I don't understand the style/taste of people these days. I prefer metal oldies though ;)

Toto are great, too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Toto is quite good.

If you want an oldie (albeit a bit obscure):

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Right, I'm gonna push for some more quality "electronic" music with this live performance of Shpongle's Around the World in a Tea Daze.
Shpongle in its original form is the duo Raja Ram and Simon Posford. Posford produces all of the music and Ram plays flute and envisions the soundscapes (or something like that).

Unlike most people my age who prefer rap, pop, dub step et cetera I enjoy older rock music. My favourite bands being The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Kinks and my all time favourite E.L.O:

I get stressed over lots of little things and live a pretty lonely life honestly, so instead of releasing it all in the form of anger, I listen to Jeff Lynne and the Electric Light Orchestra. Mr Blue Sky always calms me down.

Good for you, the 60's had some amazing music.

peteks

Acolyte
I mostly listen to metal, punk and progressive rock music, but when I'm writing, I mostly turn to Two steps from hell and Nox Arcana. Those two make great music for writing, as the melodies really evoke certain landscapes and situations in my mind, like only instrumental music can do to me.

My all time favourite bands are Sonata Arctica, Dream Theater, Rise Against and Lamb of God though.

I listen to almost anything though, it's just that certain music genres are mostly like background noise to me, while others inspire feelings on much greater level.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, that I quite enjoy irish music more than most others, and jazz is also close to my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnDjbUv7iu0

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Boring afternoon at work. Caffeine wearing off.

Oh, wait...here's High on Fire:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Time for a bit of synthpop. With actual vocals and chorus and verse and all.
Sitting here and digesting the news that someone I used to know killed themselves this weekend. Can't decide if the chorus is very fitting or brutally inappropriate. Life is weird.

SeverinR

Vala
My favorite harpies.

harp twins - Bing Videos

They are so good and have so good videos I forget they aren't famous.

They have replied to two posts I made on Facebook.

"You two can harp at me all day" :)
And
"You two are my favorite Harpies...Harpers... Harpists." :)

Last edited:

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
For some reason this always comes on while working. Not sure how it ended up like that.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
My favorite harpies.

harp twins - Bing Videos

They are so good and have so good videos I forget they aren't famous.

They have replied to two posts I made on Facebook.

"You two can harp at me all day" :)
And
"You two are my favorite Harpies...Harpers... Harpists." :)

I like this.
It reminded me of this track. I remembered there was harp in it and thought it was the same girls, but unfortunately I was wrong. It's still a good track though:

SmokeScribe98

Minstrel
Never realised Jeff Lynne was in anything other than E.L.O. But then I'm new to being "into" music. I quite like this one too:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
These guys will be in the area next week. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it!

C

Chessie

I listen to anything I'm in the mood for, but my favorites are kirtan, classical, and ambient. "Connect Ohm" is my favorite ambient soundtrack at the moment. I also really love Jeremy Soule who does the soundtracks for The Elder Scrolls games. His music is beautiful and moving.