• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings

Hey everybody,

Another from NaNo land, thought this site looked great so I figured I'd sign up. I've been writing since I was 11, and I love all things fantasy. I love the dragonlance books (the ones I've read anyway), Steven Brust's Book of Jhereg (I havent gotten around to reading the others, sadly), as well as virtually any fantasy book I can get my hands on.

I've been writing more steadily since 2007, and get a little carried away with world building sometimes. (Especially maps. I love maps) But I really enjoy creating the world and its cultures, probobly partly due to the fact that I'm a bit of a history nerd. So yeah, thats me, and I'm happy to be here!

Last edited:

Mythos

Troubadour
Welcome! I get a little carried away with my worldbuilding too. I'm glad that Nanoers are still coming here.

Chilari

Staff
Welcome, Talespinner. There's a thread about maps in the worldbuilding board, so you might want to check that out. And there's nothing wrong with being a history nerd.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Welcome! I used to love the Dragonlance books too, many a moon ago. Love to talk shop about them for nostalgia's sake.

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Welcome, Talespinner!

I also enjoyed Dragonlance back in the day.

What do you use to create your maps?

Mostly I stick with pencil and paper, but sometimes I do add more detail on photoshop.

There's a thread about maps in the worldbuilding board, so you might want to check that out.

Thanks, I will definetly have to check it out.