• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Are you reading the Bone Season?

Leuco

Troubadour
Someone purchased the rights for the film, and magically it became the Today's show book club pick. It's supposed to be the next Hunger Games, and the author is already being compared to J.K. Rowling. So have you read it? What did you think? I was a bit confused, because according to the Amazon page, it said it was only published 2 days ago.

Figured I might as well Google it.

The year is 2059, and Oxford has been established as Sheol I, a prison/training ground for clairvoyants (a.k.a. “voyants”) who are taken there from London (a.k.a. “Scion”), where having extrasensory powers is punishable by death. The narrator is 19-year-old Paige Mahoney, a Dreamwalker and the mollisher to Jaxon Hall, the powerful mime-lord of sector I-4. Shortly after the story begins, Paige is kidnapped and dragged to Sheol I, which she discovers is ruled over by a race of Rephaim, seemingly immortal human-looking creatures who feed on the auras of voyants, and who also train voyants to fight against the Emim, yet another category of otherworldly beings . . .

500px-01-how-about-no-bear.jpg

Steerpike

Felis amatus
I'll probably read it. Have been hearing the hype. But I think it is being overhyped and that will lead to disappointment for some.

Alexandra

Closed Account
"How about no." Yes Feo, that about sums it up for me too. I'm getting old, I have to pick my reads carefully.