• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Reality vs. Expectation

Jess A

Archmage
Haha! Loved the bit particularly about the work space. I painted my office in calming blue tones and set it up to 'fuel my muse' - I never, ever write in there. It's become more of a storage space for books, guitars and research. I sit at my desk in my bedroom or on my bed, or I write in a notebook when I'm out and about. I keep saying I'll clear the office one day, and use it properly. But...it's been three years.

Daenelia

Dreamer
I always envision Roald Dahl in his old chair in the shed. That's reality and it is pretty romantic.

... I am already planning a shed in the garden even if I will never write a book.

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
My reality involves a chair with folded towels for added padding, a stuffed baby griffin, and a metal slinky.

And pens. An ungodly amount of really nice pens. Which is really funny since I do all my note-making on the computer.

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Expectation:

I have a nice writing space where I can put my computer!

Reality:

caramel_coloured_cat_sitting_on_laptop_fx8765.jpg

Nihal

Vala
The above pic reminded me of my situation.

Expectation: Large desk with space of all my stuff neatly organized, my big awesome tablet + new display and desk lamp.

Reality: Me sitting on the rug of my living room (at least it's comfy) with my laptop, my smaller tablet, a blanket and two cats jumping on me because I'm on the floor.

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
I have a dedicated writing space that I write at...

...and one of these days I'll be able to see the desk underneath it. Make that two desks and assorted book cases, all piled high with tottering stacks of books, papers, and other things... (On the bright side, a few weeks ago I did find the stapler I'd lost years back. Gotta wonder what else is beneath some of those stacks.)