• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

New Author

thejdubb02

Dreamer
Hey everyone,

I have been searching for a place to learn from other fantasy authors online and FINALLY found my way here.

My name is Justin. I have been reading, listening, watching, and playing fantasy all my life. From D&D as a kid, to Magic The Gathering, reading all LOTR in grade school and beyond, I LOVE the genre. I have played every fantasy game you can name (well maybe not them all, but you get the picture).

Some of my favorite authors R.A. Salvatore, JRR Tolkien, and Steven Erikson.

Being devoted to the genre for so long, the only thing I have never done is write. I have always hated writing for some reason. But then again, I never wrote anything creative so I figured it was time to start.

I started with a small outline for a short story I was planning, but it has now grown to a 20 page document as the world, creatures, and characters I have created have grown in depth and size. Now, I have just started chapter one of my NOVEL! Novel... never thought I would say I was working on a novel but here I am.

As of now, the working title of my book is Shadows Of Asirad. For now, I will leave it at that until I get a little further along, but look forward to some more information as I progress.

I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from this community.

- Justin

teacup

Auror
Welcome :D I hope you have a good time here, I know I do. It's very helpful for writing and a great community to be in to just talk and have a nice time.

Ever played the Final Fantasy games? I'm pretty obsessed with FF9.

Good luck with the writing, sure you'll have a great time :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Welcome Justin
This is a great place to learn, share, chat, and waste time...
and don't worry, we're not all beverage related...

What's up Justin?!?! Man, I always have more fun writing the lore, and back story of my world, then actually writing the story. Glad you're actually started, I can never get it going.

Glad to have you here.

And never say you've played every fantasy game if you haven't played Dragon Age Origins. In fact, don't say you've played any at all. :)