• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Picture Book

So for senior project, I approached my teacher about writing a novel, and she said "It would be too big."

So....being recently inspired by The Princess and Mr. Whiffle, by Patrick Rothfuss, I thought it'd be neat to do a picture book. Something kind of like Ni No Kuni, and Where the Wild Things Are. But I can't draw, only, kinda write, not even that well. But I have no idea on who can illustrate, would it be possible for anyone here to help me? And how would it work? Like would I tell you what it says on the page, and tell you what I want to see, or just let you run with it?

shwabadi

Minstrel
To do illustrations for a whole book, you're likely looking at having to pay someone (at least if you want it done well)
I'm not sure how many artists there are on here but I'm sure a few of them would be more than happy to take on your project as a commission (not really sure how these things work)

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Typically, you would lay out the frames and the text first, and the illustrator would fill in the art.

However, you're talking about a huge and expensive project, and the illustrator would be bearing the brunt of the work. If this is for class, I think you should consider other options.