• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who shall be crowned the Mythic Scribes overlord?

OGone

Troubadour
Who will be crowned Mythic Scribes overlord?

It is up to YOU to decide.
That’s right: YOU*
*amongst others

Welcome to...
TUHNIP
THE ULTIMATE HEROIC NO-HOLDS-BARRED INTERACTIVE… PHIGHT

^ Official theme song ^

TUHNIP is a tournament devoted to finding the TRUE ultimate champion of Mythic Scribes.

A deathmatch of heroes.

The winner of the tournament will receive an honour comparable to no other.

A title revered by the GODS THEMSELVES.

They will be crowned the OVERLORD of Mythic Scribes

…and thus become:

The Mythic Scribes (unofficial) OFFICIAL Mascot

But... who fights in TUHNIP?

Well that is for YOU* to decide, fellow TUHNIPers.
*amongst others

RULES:

TUHNIP is a fight to the death forum game where you choose the competitors and the outcome.
There's a writing twist so you won't feel like you're COMPLETELY wasting your time.

There are two phases: the induction phase and the battle phase.

INDUCTION PHASE
Every member of Mythic Scribes has FIVE inductions each tournament (choose wisely).
You may enter FIVE and only FIVE competitors into TUHNIP so that they may fight to the death in the tournament.

But who is eligible for TUHNIP I hear you ponderously cry?

Only fictional characters may be inducted, select them from your favourite video-game, comic-book, novel, movie or tv-series.
They will preferably be the main character of this series or at least not TOO obscure.
(If you want you can post a pic and some general info alongside your choices for everybody else's convenience.)
As this is a fantasy writing forum try to have your characters from the fantasy genre.
When enough characters are introduced then the battle fixtures will be randomly generated.
The BATTLE PHASE will then commence.

BATTLE PHASE
The BATTLE PHASE is a 1v1 deathmatch, only one round will be played at a time.
Each competitor starts with 15HP (THIS IS SUBJECT TO ALTER BASED ON PARTICIPATION).
Once per day each Mythic Scribes member may take away 1HP from one character in the current ongoing battle.
This is done by WRITING part of a fight scene between the two characters.
This can be one line or a full written battle, it's up to you.
When one competitor's HP is fully depleted they are DEFEATED.
The winner moves onto the next round and then the next two competitors will enter the fray.

EXAMPLE TURN:

IronMan Vs Godzilla

Iron Man blows a hole in Godzilla with his repulsor beam.

15 | 14

then the next person could write...

IronMan Vs Godzilla

Godzilla dodges the repulsor beam and fires an atomic breath blast at Iron Man.

14 | 14​

So... copy the names of the competitors and their current HP. Include your addition to the fight scene, preferably it'll be much more creative than this one but you get the idea. Then bold the HP you wish to decrease. You can choose who you think would win the fight or who you like the best, whatever.

Iron Man and Godzilla can be the first fighters in the tournament.

THE FIGHTING will begin when 6 more people have inducted 5 more fighters each.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING TUHNIP THEN PLEASE DO ASK.

Last edited by a moderator:

teacup

Auror
1) Vivi Ornitier (ff9, black mage.)
2) Sonic the Hedgehog.
3) Mewtwo (pokemon.)
4) Avatar Aang (Avatar: The Legend of Aang/Last Airbender.)
5) Link (The Legend of Zelda series.)

#1)
nsa7qnysuee1739lson9_thumb.jpg
#2)
lzjgbn8gtk2gignvxpqn_thumb.png

#3) (I'm only allowed 4 pictures per post, but hey, who doesn't know what Mewtwo looks like?
#4)
muqt4zrsfdwxywnzh6tx.jpg
#5)
81bbi8swshsi2e7me0pi.png

Last edited:

Chilari

Staff
Okay, fine. Here are my five:

1. Jorg (Broken Empire triology, Mark Lawrence)
2. Merlin (BBC's Merlin)
3. Granny Weatherwax (Discworld, Terry Pratchett)
4. Shelob the spider (Lord of the Rings, J R R Tolkien)
5. The Tank (Left 4 Dead)

Here are some pictures: Photo Album - Imgur (Granny Weatherwax wouldn't upload.)

qgDhuCh.jpg

eiIuS76.jpg

oHLK5JL.jpg

3la94iR.jpg

OGone

Troubadour
Current Competitors

Godzilla

Granny Weatherwax

Iron Man

Jorg

Link

Merlin

Mewtwo

Shelob

Sonic the Hedgehog

The Tank

Vivi Ornitier

Twenty spaces left :eek:

glutton

Inkling
Lolth the drow goddess from Forgotten Realms setting

Lloth_1_by_Candra.jpg

the universal embodiment of Beauty, The Sentry

TheSentry.jpg

The manliest of men, whose testosterone level has no peer, Beowulf

8592088_orig.jpeg

With so much testosterone flowing it must be balanced out by some feminine grace... such as that of my own creation, Rose the Iron Flower

4340668l.jpg

glutton

Inkling
And rounding out the group, the omnipotent All-Father whose battles destroy galaxies as a side effect... ODIN THE ALL-POWERFUL ONE.

Odin_Marvel_2.jpg

1. Halt O'Carrick, from The Ranger's Apprentice. He'll kill anyone with that eyebrow.
Halts_peril_three.jpg

2. And last, but not the least, no.

The obvious choice.

The favourite to win - Puss in Boots!

puss-boots-300.jpg

Those boots will kill all the spiders around here. You can thank me later.

I won't be able to battle much or at all. My exams are coming. But hopefully, someone will take up the mantle.

OGone

Troubadour
Current Competitors

~~~

Aragog

Beowulf

Godzilla

Granny Weatherwax

Halt O'Carrick

Iron Man

Jorg

Link

Lolth

Merlin

Mewtwo

Odin

Puss in Boots

The Sentry

Shelob

Sonic the Hedgehog

Spider Man

The Tank

Vivi Ornitier

Wonder Woman

~~~

Okay I didn't think it was fair to include Rose because then it wouldn't be fair to not let anyone else have a character from their own writing included. Glutton said he'd replace her with Wonder Woman.

Also I worded badly in the initial post you can choose up to 5, doesn't need to be exactly 5. There's 11 spots left but any additional inductees will roll over to the next game depending on how this one goes, lol.

Also some of these are verging on the obscure but that's okay. On another forum I played this, each character needed 3 votes before they were included but I just don't think this forum moves quick enough for that rule.

ELEVEN PLACES REMAINING :eek:

Last edited:

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
I brought this one up in the Word Association thread. He's not the most powerful, but he'll take down an atypical set of foes.

Koh, the Facestealer

Koh.png

He's an ancient spirit in the Airbender world, and if you show any emotion in front of him, he will steal your face.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Well, I'm glad no one has picked Gandalf, and please don't. He always wins all of these things, so yes, we know Gandalf is the ulitmate wizard badass and can kill everyone, so we don't need to know that again.

Here are my choices:

1. Logen Ninefingers aka The Bloody Nine
2974591-01.jpg

2. Geralt of Rivia
games-witcher-the-witcher-geralt-of-riviaassassins-of-kings-wolf-school.jpg

3. Solomon Kane
SolomonKanePoster.jpg

4. Arya Stark
Arya-Stark-arya-stark-25155750-818-1000.png

Last edited:

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Ezio Auditore: Fueled by the tragedy involving his father's and brother's murder, Ezio is out for revenge against those who thrive on corruption and enjoy suffering. It just happens, he's got two hidden blades, a stack of Leonardo da Vinci's coolest gadgets, and is competent with a sword. You'll be dead before you can say, "What assassin, running on the rooftops?"

ezio-assassinscreed2-2.jpg

Spike: sure, he's in love with a girl he can't get, works as a scribe, and often dresses in an apron with a heart on it, but don't doubt his mettle. This baby dragon has fire... and pockets, apparently... oh, and he eats gems for breakfast!

96qI4.jpg

Boromir: Because I'm secretly in love with him.. oops, cat's out of the bag. Sure, there are plenty of adventurers who've taken an arrow to the knee... but this guy took one to the chest and kept fighting. Misguided? Maybe. I prefer to think the ring was just THAT powerful.

Boromir.jpg

And the only girl to make my list: Hermione Granger (barely beating out Lulu, but I already had a Final Fantasy character in the list).
Hermione is smart. REALLY smart. She'll probably steal your book with Accio and beat you with it, all whilst telling you how you would have known what a Crumple=horned Snorkak was if you'd only read it...
02_emma_watson.jpg

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Vincent Valentine: Red eyes, an iconic cloak, and a three-barreled revolver. Vincent is kicking some ass and taking no names. He went from optional character in FF VII to a main character in Advent Children. And when you see his skills in action, it's no mystery why.

1157380679.jpg

teacup

Auror
Vivi > Vincent

Also, Red XIII was the best FF7 character, hands down. Saddening that he got only one line in Advent Children :(

(I did love Vincent, though.)

Last edited:

glutton

Inkling
Since my second female pick has changed to Wonder Woman here's the obligatory pic:

2900337-jeffach.jpg

Also keep in mind this is COMICS Wonder Woman who's flown through nuclear explosions, helped move the Earth, moves at near light speeds, and is almost as strong as Superman, not TV low-end-superhuman Wonder Woman. Thanks. XD

glutton

Inkling
The Flashpoint comic cover with Aquaman and Wonder Woman makes her look worse than that lol.

Also Aquaman is a beast these days, some people think he could beat Hercules.

...somebody add Aquaman!