• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who shall be crowned the Mythic Scribes overlord?

OGone

Troubadour
Epic battle guys, real cool. I'll post up the next one tomorrow, this one was so close. Wonder what the next will be o: Thx for the rep LS <3

OGone

Troubadour
It was a valiant effort from Hermione. Ron Weasley's intervention perhaps changed the flow of the match and filled some Hermione fans with hope that she may persevere, but after a hard fought contest she succumbed to Arya's skill and cunning. Arya progresses to the next round.

RESULTS

1st Round
(1) Arya Stark vs. Hermione Granger (0)

FIXTURES

Aragog vs. Shelob
in a Sixteen Legged Match

in a Bender vs. Bender Match

Beowulf vs. Odin
in a King of Scandinavia Match

Boromir vs. The Tank
in a One Does Not Simply Melee the Tank Match

Ezio Auditore da Firenze vs. Halt O'Carrick
in a In Da Hood Match

Geralt of Rivia vs. Granny Weatherwax
in a Witcher vs. Witch Match

Godzilla vs. Spike
in a Big Lizard Little Lizard Match

Iron Man vs. Wonder Woman
in a Marvel Man vs. DC Woman Match

Jorg vs. Logen Ninefingers
in a Fantasy Gritfest Match

Koh the Face Stealer vs. Mewtwo
in an Anime Villain Match

Link vs. Sonic the Hedgehog
in a Nintendo Fanboys Are Gonna Cry Match

Lolth vs. Spider-Man
in a Not-Quite-a-Spider Match

Merlin vs. Raistlin Majere
in an Ultimate Wizard-off

Puss in Boots vs. Solomon Kane
in a Black Cloaks and Boots Match

Vincent Valentine vs. Vivi Ornitier
in a Final Fantasy Match

I rolled an 11 sided die and rolled an 8...
...meaning the next match is:

Iron Man vs. Wonder Woman

Last edited:

Darkblade

Troubadour
The concrete walls of Stark Tower matter little to the Amazonian might of Wonder Woman, who with ease smashes her way right towards Tony's lab. The great engineer stands working on some experiment or another, no doubt another weapon. Grabbing him by his neck Wonder Woman pins him to the wall.

"Themiscaryia will not stand for you or SHEILD's aggressive actions anymore. Call Fury off or you will be the first casualty."

Wonder Woman (15)
Iron Man (14)

Last edited by a moderator:

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
10 HP, not 15? Did Ogone change that? Well… I'll run with 10 and assume I missed something.

@Ogone, if it is 15, let me know. I can edit.

Wonder Woman (15)
Iron Man (13)

Iron Man dons his costume, then fires a beam from his palm. Wonder Woman dodges, then wraps Iron Man in her lasso.

"You need all that armor to fight me, coward?"

Iron Man replies, "If we're going to talk about costumes, let me be completely honest with you." He looks at the rope, adding, "Not like I have a choice."

"I'm not here for fashion tips—"

"Then you shouldn't have bound me in your rope… at least not for fighting."

"Pig! You dare imply—"

"It's the costume, Wonder Wench. You're supposed to be the amazing amazon. The ideal female. The superest of heroines. But to a guy like me, you're just a doll with muscles."

Wonder Woman feels her face getting hot.

"What? Your super so-called friends didn't tell you? You never noticed you're the only one who shows up to work in her Underoos?"

She decides to silence Iron Man with a swift kick.

He doubles over, both hands tucked between his legs. He coughs, "Yep. And with that kind of attack… you're hurting the feminist movement more than you're hurting me."

(-2 HP to the Feminist Movement)

Last edited:

Chilari

Staff
Wonder Woman (14)
Iron Man (13)

Iron Man bursts out the way with his foot bursts, but without using his hands to stablise he makes a rather wobbly track around the large room. Recovering, he flies at Wonder Woman and pins her against the counter.

"How rude of me, I didn't offer you a drink," Iron Man says, as the glasses and decanter on the counter chink against each other from the impact.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (14)
Iron Man (12)

Wonder Woman's calloused hand brushes shards of glass from her hair.

"I prefer something non-alcoholic, like PUNCH!"

She smashes Iron Man with an uppercut, sending him flying over the bar. He crash-lands head-first through a bowl of punch—and the bar itself.

(Little does Wonder Woman know, the punch contains 12% vodka.)

glutton

Inkling
Decided to rep the Invincible underdog at least for now.

Wonder Woman (13)
Iron Man (12)

Wonder Woman flies after Iron Man, drawing back her fist for another punch. However, as she approaches he blasts her with his repulsors, sending her flying back. As she hurtles through the air, not in control of her movement, Iron Man catches up to her with his jet boots and lands a solid haymaker to her jaw which sends her crashing down, rolling across the ground.

OGone

Troubadour
Sorry not posted much, it’s freshers week…

As Wonder Woman tries to compose herself, Iron Man flies into the sky and points his chest down towards the ground.

“Unibeam!”

The resulting explosion barely misses Wonder Woman, the force catapulting her into the air again.

Wonder Woman (12)
Iron Man (12)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Wonder Woman (12)
Iron Man (11)

Wonder Woman lassos around Iron Man's neck. She chokes him as he tries to launch himself into the air, his rockets sputtering. She jerks him back down the earth, slamming him hard into the ground. His helmet cracks, showing Robert Downey, Jr.'s concerned face.

glutton

Inkling
Wonder Woman (11)
Iron Man (11)

Iron Man calls for his modules. As Wonder Woman flies in to finish him off, Iron Man's modules arrive and attach to his armor, turning him into Hulkbuster Iron Man. Hulkbuster Iron Man uppercuts a surprised Wonder Woman, sending her up through several floors and the roof.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (11)
Iron Man (10)

Wonder Woman lands on a cloud in a sitting position. Iron Man flies up to punch her off of the cloud.

BONG! He crashes into the cockpit of her invisible jet. As he plummets toward his building several hundred feet below, Wonder Woman presses the invisible button to end hover mode. She soars toward the falling armored figure…

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (11)
Iron Man (9)

…and within seconds, Iron Man is impaled on the spear-like tip of the jet's nose cone.

He looks at the hole in his armor, and thin streaks of blood wrapped around what appears to be a sharp piece of air. No, not blood. Oil.

"You didn't even graze me," he says. (Adding "heffer" as a half-hearted attempt at a chauvinistic play on words that would've just gone over his opponent's head had she even heard him.)

He draws back his fist and punches the invisible jet right in the nose cone.

BOOM!

The jet explodes, sending Iron Man down—
CRASH!—through the roof of Stark Tower. Wonder Woman parachutes through one of the many holes in the roof.

Both super-beings stand, each surprised to see the other was not harmed by the blast.

Wonder Woman is entangled in her own parachute. Using brute strength, she rips the string to her chute easily, as if they were sewing thread.

Iron Man takes advantage and charges her…

But suddenly there are more holes in the roof—in the ceiling—and another appearing in the floor below each new hole in the roof! CRASH! BAM! BOOM! Iron Man realizes the mysterious holes are from falling pieces of the invisible jet!

KA-BONG!

The realization is confirmed as a piece of jet drives him through the 32nd floor, through the 31st floor, through the 30th floor and the next thirty floors all the way down to the basement, and through the foundation, and through the sewer tunnel…

Last edited:

glutton

Inkling
Wonder Woman (10)
Iron Man (9)

Iron Man stands up unsteadily, shedding damaged pieces of his modular armor as sewage drips from his soaked frame. "Damn, that stinks." He sees severed electrical cables exposed by his fall through the ground and gets an idea. As Wonder Woman jumps down through the hole after him, he shoots an energy whip from his hand (a modification inspired by his enemy Whiplash) and uses it to pull the end of a wire into Wonder Woman's side. Wonder Woman cries out as the shock courses through her body!

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Wonder Woman (10)
Iron Man (8)

Wonder Woman simply punches Iron Man one good time in the face. CLANG! His brain rattles inside his helmet.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (10)
Iron Man (7)

She follows the attack with a seven hit combo.

POW! BAM! BOOM! BIFF! SKWAPPO! BONK! K-K-KRUNCH!

Meanwhile, in the Batmobile…

Batman points to a monitor. "She learned that from me, Robin."

Robin replies, "She taught me how to look tough in pantyhose."

"No, she didn't."

Robin's feelings (14)

glutton

Inkling
Poor Invincible man...

Wonder Woman (9)
Iron Man (7)]

Iron Man is knocked into the ground hard, making a crater around him. He fires a missile from his shoulder at Wonder Woman, who barely dodges; however, the missile hits the ceiling of the tunnel behind her and explodes. Wonder Woman falls to the ground, stunned.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (9)
Iron Man (6)

Still lying in the crater, Iron Man sees pieces of the ceiling come crashing down.

The largest piece is directly above him. Naturally.

CRUNCH!

He looks over at Wonder Woman, now standing, brushing off her charred uniform.

Why doesn't heavy debris ever land on her? he wonders.