• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Who shall be crowned the Mythic Scribes overlord?

Darkblade

Troubadour
As such fate tempting thought crosses Tony's mind a large piece of masonry does fall on top of Diana. The industrialist's relief is short lived as the Amazon catches it and hurls it downwards towards Tony's chest.

Wonder Woman (9)
Iron Man (5)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (9)
Iron Man (4)

Iron Man flies out of the sewer, and aims at an open manhole, waiting for Wonder Woman to climb out.

Wonder Woman peers out of an open manhole, half expecting to be shot. Instead she sees Iron Man prying himself out of the grill of a trailer truck.

glutton

Inkling
NOOO poor Invincible man!

Wonder Woman (8)
Iron Man (4)

Iron Man struggles to free himself, cursing his bad luck. As he finally manages to jerk himself loose, a piece of the grill goes flying and hits Wonder Woman in the head.

Darkblade

Troubadour
Relatively unphased by the large piece of steel bouncing off her forehead Wonder Woman picks up a near by parked car and repeatedly smashes Iron Man under it until it is reduced to scrap metal.

Wonder Woman (8)
Iron Man (3)

Some Random Person's Insurance Rate (-100)

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (8)
Iron Man (2)

"You strong," Iron Man says in a half-hearted attempt at a taunt, "It's a Wonder you're really a Womeh."

His attempt at a wise-crack falls flat, and he knows it. The truth hurts.

(So do WW's repeated attacks.)

glutton

Inkling
Might as well put the Invincible one out of his misery... :(

Wonder Woman (7)
Iron Man (2)

Iron Man fires off flares to temporarily blind Wonder Woman. Putting most of the energy he has left in his armor into one mighty blow, Iron Man hits Wonder Woman with a punch that destroys his right gauntlet. Wonder Woman topples over, and for a moment Iron Man breathes a sigh of relief that he has won. However, then Wonder Woman's hand begins to move...

glutton

Inkling
Wonder Woman (6)
Iron Man (2)

In desperation, Iron Man fires an energy net over Wonder Woman, trapping her against the ground.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Wonder Woman (6)
Iron Man (1)

Wonder Woman tears out of the net because, you know, she's Wonder Woman and dropkicks Iron Man in the chest. He falls flat on his ass. He gets up and stumbles, clinging to life, his helmet smashed like always happens in the movies. Wonder Woman crescent kicks him in the face and explodes his nose in a shower of blood.

Last edited:

teacup

Auror
Wonder Woman (5)
Iron Man (1)

Wonder Woman readies herself for one final blow, to end the man's life. Pepper Potts comes out of nowhere and fire blasts her to the floor besides Iron Man. He tries to crawl away, desperate for a respite from the beating.

Legendary Sidekick

The HAM'ster
Wonder Woman (4) - officially 5, in case I broke a rule - didn't think it matters for a finishing post
Iron Man (0)

Wonder Woman says, "Fear not, Pepper. I had no intention of ending a fellow hero's life. We are, after all, on the same side. Remember that, Iron Man. Cross the super-friends again, and you may end up facing someone more dark and brooding like Batman, who won't even spare you if his pansy sidekick pleads him."

Wonder Woman gets into the cockpit of her invisible jet. As she climbs in, Iron Man says, "I wonder: How do you even know where the cockpit is?"

"Woman's intuition," she replies, admitting, "I can't see the jet either."

"Then you…"

Wonder Woman turns the key. VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-*sputtrrrrrr…*

VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO-VROO…

Iron Man shouts, "Wait! The jet's in pieces! It might ex—!"

SPLODE!!

The invisible jet—or what's left of it—explodes, sending Wonder Woman flying toward Pepper Pots. Iron Man's thrusters put him between the two women.

He comes to for a moment, and sees the blood spilling from the cracks in is armor, but his sacrifice saved Pepper. He looks at her and then at Wonder Woman, manages a perverse grin and says his last words:

"Make me a sandwich, women."

Meanwhile, in the Batmobile…

Robin says, "Pansy sidekick. I wish Wonder Woman lost just for that."

Batman replies, "Make me a sandwich, sidekick."

Robin's feelings (13)

Last edited:

glutton

Inkling
How very sad.

RIP Invincible man.

A little kid cries while watching the news. "But Mom, I thought he was invincible..."

Last edited:

OGone

Troubadour
Poor Iron Man :( Sorry guys, been a mad week for me and I wasn't toooo invested in this one. The next round will begin tomorrow and hopefully I'll post myself a little more :D

OGone

Troubadour
1st Round
(1) Arya Stark vs. Hermione Granger (0)

(0) Iron Man vs. Wonder Woman (4)

FIXTURES

Aragog vs. Shelob
in a Sixteen Legged Match

in a Bender vs. Bender Match

Beowulf vs. Odin
in a King of Scandinavia Match

Boromir vs. The Tank
in a One Does Not Simply Melee the Tank Match

Ezio Auditore da Firenze vs. Halt O'Carrick
in a In Da Hood Match

Geralt of Rivia vs. Granny Weatherwax
in a Witcher vs. Witch Match

Godzilla vs. Spike
in a Big Lizard Little Lizard Match

Jorg vs. Logen Ninefingers
in a Fantasy Gritfest Match

Koh the Face Stealer vs. Mewtwo
in an Anime Villain Match

Link vs. Sonic the Hedgehog
in a Nintendo Fanboys Are Gonna Cry Match

Lolth vs. Spider-Man
in a Not-Quite-a-Spider Match

Merlin vs. Raistlin Majere
in an Ultimate Wizard-off

Puss in Boots vs. Solomon Kane
in a Black Cloaks and Boots Match

Vincent Valentine vs. Vivi Ornitier
in a Final Fantasy Match

Next match is...

Puss in Boots vs. Solomon Kane

glutton

Inkling
Puss in Boots (14)
Solomon Kane (15)

Solomon Kane runs straight at Puss in Boots and punts him, sending him flying 20 feet through the air.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Puss in Boots (14)
Solomon Kane (14)

Being a cat, Puss easily lands on his feet, and comes charging back with sword in paw, driving the blade deep into Solomon's shin.

Reaver

Staff
I can't believe I'm not on this list! I go away for a little while and everyone forgets just how mighty THE REAVER truly is.

Spider

Sage
@the Reaver: That wouldn't be fair. The other contestants wouldn't stand a chance.

Puss in Boots (14)
Solomon Kane (13)

Solomon Kane raises his arm to strike Puss, but the cat gazes into his eyes.

l.KittyEyesPussBoots_LG.jpg

Solomon, overwhelmed by the cuteness, directs his fist into his own face.

glutton

Inkling
Puss in Boots (12)
Solomon Kane (13)

Realizing the implacable foe he faces, Solomon Kane prays to God for help. God answers by transporting Conan the Barbarian through space and time to help him! However, upon arriving Conan only looks, says "Pah, what sorcery is this?" and walks away confused. While Puss is distracted, Solomon steps on his tail.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Puss in Boots (12)
Solomon Kane (12)

Puss yowls in pain when Solomon steps on his tail, and retaliates by digging all four sets of claws into the man's leg.