• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Avid Roleplayer and starting Indy RPG designer

Kn'Trac

Minstrel
Hello all,

I have been roleplaying and imagining worlds (Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror etc) for close to 20 years now, ever since I started university. Through my long career (nearly weekly sessions of 4-8 hrs a week ever since), I've always wondered what it would be like to play in a world of my own design, with my own gaming system. And so, after 2 decades, I've started converting my fantasy world (and campaign of close to 2 years) from d20 (Dungeons and Dragons 3.5) to my own system, which is still under construction.

I became a member of this group in the hope that I will be able to benefit from the other members' experience and create a gaming world that is as alive as possible. In return, I'll be happy to share my experience with whomever asks.

Regards,

Kn'Trac

Ddruid

Minstrel
Roleplaying is something I've always been a bit interested in but never really got a chance to try my hand at it. If you're ever going to start a game on the forums invite me first!

However, first of all, welcome to Mythic Scribes! This seriously is one of the best community for anybody who's into fantasy (or speculative fiction in general) and there are plenty of world builders, I'm sure. Feel free to join in any discussion which catches your eye. You don't have to be a writer to be among us. If you're building a world then you're creating a story too. Story is everywhere. Story is everything. We survive and thrive on stories every day of our life.

So once again, welcome! Enjoy your stay here and I look forward to chatting with you.

GeekDavid

Auror
Hey, neat idea, to write your own d20 system! I have a friend who did that, but he's never marketed it. Alas, right now his PC is offline so he can't join us here (though I am nagging him to get back online).

Maybe we can get a group together to play-test your system online. ;)

Sparkie

Auror
And so, after 2 decades, I've started converting my fantasy world (and campaign of close to 2 years) from d20 (Dungeons and Dragons 3.5) to my own system, which is still under construction.

Maybe we can get a group together to play-test your system online.

I'm liking this idea...

EDIT: Wow, that was rude. I forgot to say hello! Hello, Kn'Trac!

Kn'Trac

Minstrel
This is part of the timeline of my setting. It describes everything that happened before my DnD campaign started. What happened during the campaign and what happens in the millenium between the God War and the new campaign setting will still have to be put in writing or thought about.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/50270617/Realms of Nekhara timeline pt 1.docx

Hope you like.

Also,

As I am told I'm good in world building and inventing stuff, my literary English isn't sufficient to write fluff stories for use in the published book. Therefore, I am open for help from without in return for publishing credits and a copy of the pdf, once published. At this point however, I am nowhere near ready for either publishing or playtesting. Once we are ready, I'd like to go to kickstarter and get the funds for publishing.

Kn'Trac

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
Hello, nice to meet you man. Never got sure on whats d20?
If you need background stories I'd be happy to help with whatever you need.

SeverinR

Vala
Welcome Kn Trac.

Might look to Dragon's egg if you're bored.

Games and writing, we're all creating our own little world.