• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello world~

Sevundas

Scribe
It is the dead of night. You cautiously venture forth, lantern held high, when a sudden movement from somewhere behind you catches your attention. Whirling around hastily, you find--

Sevundas, your typical caffeine-drunk, night owl college student lurking around the forums. Upon being discovered, she stares you down with all the quivering intensity of a newbie fantasy writer, hurriedly scatters her papers to the wind, and crawls into a dark hole.

What an eccentric girl, you wonder.

...yep, that's me. I've never actually written a story before or done any world-building, although I do love to read. I can write snippets of fantasy (and dreary academic papers!), but I've never been able to link it up into anything of considerable length - a slightly debilitating case of writer's block, if you will. Heck, when it comes to conjuring up a plot, I don't even know where to begin. Perhaps hanging around the members of this forum could enlighten me in that mystical art. I'll magically absorb storytelling ability through osmosis or something. ^^

In any case, it's nice to meet you all!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Welcome here, Sevundas! Find a seat by the fire and help yourself to a hot drink. Feel free to pet the cats, and watch out for webs. Our resident Spider can get a bit enthusiastic. :D

Sam Evren

Troubadour
Hello there, Sevundas! The cookies and cider here are particularly excellent; the cats and folks are all friendly, too. I'm incredibly new myself, and these folks have done nothing but make me welcome. I hope I can pass that welcoming on to you in a way that does them justice.

*picks up one of your scattered pages*

I believe this belongs to you.

Sevundas

Scribe
Aw, thanks for the warm welcome! I love cats. Cats and halflings I'm cool with.
But no one told me anything about spiders. *looks around wildly*

The thing is, I'm terribly shy when it comes to letting others read stories I've written. All of my half-finished stories are stowed away in the subfolders of subfolders under remarkably cryptic names, and it's something I know I should strive to overcome. Urk.

Kn'Trac

Minstrel
The thing is, I'm terribly shy when it comes to letting others read stories I've written. All of my half-finished stories are stowed away in the subfolders of subfolders under remarkably cryptic names, and it's something I know I should strive to overcome. Urk.

Then this is as good a place as any to work on that problem.

Welcome. :tongue:

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hello Sevundas
If you have half a cookie to feed Spider with, then he is really quiet friendly... once you get passed the multiple eyes [sorry Spider - they still freak me out...]
I don't usually let others see my work [still a fair way from doing that with most of my dreams, I mean stories] but you can still sneak a peak at what others are doing in "Showcase" and the comments they get. This place is very supportive.
No one will force you to share, so you can feel the place out, sniff the air and then tip a toe in the water if you want.
And I think I've mixed up enough metaphors for one post...

SeverinR

Vala
The best way to look at this, is we don't know you, we probably will never see you. we are all writers and know how it feels when others talk bad about our work.
That said, don't submit right away. read some posts, make some comments, get a feel for the site, I bet you will notice things on your own that need improving, I did. Oh, yea. And there is never a perfect written piece, there is room for improvement even in published works.
Better to get the feedback here then think your work is great and send it too dozens of publishers with simple mistakes that the site responders could point out.

Welcome, come on in. We don't bite, well most of us don't. Those that do usually wear a muzle and all have had their shots.

TrustMeImRudy

Troubadour
Welcome along, its great to meet ya.
And hey, Im rather new as well, and best advice to get a feel for the site is to join in the chats. Talk with everyone, realized how awesome they all are, you'll be comfortable in no time.

Sevundas

Scribe
*sets out cookies for Spider*

I feel so welcomed. ^^
Well, I'm going to go work on my story outline now...toodles.

Spider

Sage
*sets out cookies for Spider*

I guess that means I have to spare your life. :D Welcome to Spiderland-- er, I mean Mythic Scribes! One thing missing in this welcome though: nobody bothered to warn you about the dangerous BOOKWORM! AAAHHHH!

If you have half a cookie to feed Spider with, then he is really quiet friendly

Joe, I'm a female spider!