• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How old are you?

Cheryl

Dreamer
I turned 22 in July, but I still tell people that I'm 21... I decided to freeze my age at 21.. so I could tell everyone that I'm forever 21. hehehehe

The sad thing about trying to freeze one's age...it only works on the ego. Our bodies don't really care what we think, they start to break down more and more as time wears at us.

Sparkie

Auror
How old am I? Too old.

Just turned thirty. I've been told this is the peak of life. Mountians have peaks. If my life were a mountian, I think it would actually be a hill.

Looking at the above paragraph, I now know that senility has set in;)

Kit

Maester
I do not have a chronological age.

I have never felt young, I have never felt old. It all feels the same. I haven't quite figured out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

Reaver

Staff
I do not have a chronological age.

I have never felt young, I have never felt old. It all feels the same. I haven't quite figured out if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

I believe that this is a very good thing. My answer to this question used to be to quote Santa in the original Miracle on 34th Street: "I'm younger than my hair but older than my teeth."
Now I just sigh deeply and stare off into space.

fleamailman

Closed Account
("...well now, I remember I was much older before..." mentioned the goblin casually enough, continuing "...that is when I trying to write perfectly, and carrying that weight of my years around my neck too, so I just dropped it understanding that all this was just virtual reality anyway, and what's another name for virtual reality humans, yes, you've guessed it right, fiction, it's all fiction isn't it, for all that is ever here are these words upon your screen now, something that you then interpret into a reality of me, but nothing we can say to each other can prove it either way, we're all anonymous in truth...", simply the goblin was pointing out the choice in one's persona on forumland is one of an aging wendy or of ageless peter pan so why have that which one can't prove, no age then)

Xanados

Maester
("...well now, I remember I was much older before..." mentioned the goblin casually enough, continuing "...that is when I trying to write perfectly, and carrying that weight of my years around my neck too, so I just dropped it understanding that all this was just virtual reality anyway, and what's another name for virtual reality humans, yes, you've guessed it right, fiction, it's all fiction isn't it, for all that is ever here are these words upon your screen now, something that you then interpret into a reality of me, but nothing we can say to each other can prove it either way, we're all anonymous in truth...", simply the goblin was pointing out the choice in one's persona on forumland is one of an aging wendy or of ageless peter pan so why have that which one can't prove, no age then)

What?

fleamailman

Closed Account
What?

("...merely that none of us have an age here because all that this is, is one's virtual reality..." repeated the goblin worried that he might be over intellectualizing again, adding "...so, tell you what then humans, what age would you like me to have now, I'll go along with it as it's an irrelevance, quite unprovable too...", in fact, the goblin had met so many superficial facebook types on forumland, all trying to impress others with their externals that the goblin was just happy to be what he actually was here, just some words upon your screen)

cliche

Minstrel
I'm 16 and already worrying about getting older. Though all my friends think I'm 10 ¬.¬ which is a real pain when people refuse to sell me 15 rated films.

My body has racked up alot more miles than the average doorstep of 40 year old. However I still have acne and the sex drive of a teenager and the creativity curiously of a child.