• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The worst movie ever...

Addison

Auror
Bad movies....bad movies.....I'm movie-lover as much as a book-lover so it's kind of hard. I usually find something enjoyable about every movie I see, even if they're horrors.

But in the sense of movie-adaptions of books, the worst would be Eragon. No disrespect to Chris Paolini, he's a great author but no one's work deserves to be butchered like that. There were only three scenes in that movie I enjoyed; baby Saphira, Saphira dissing Brom as he examines her, and of course she and Eragon flying.
I know that when adapting a written work to a film you have to really look to find the best way to convey the entire story to the screen and there's a time limit for a film. But Lord of the Rings is almost a hundred pages shorter than Eragon but the movie not only did it justice but did so in a respectable time.

Bad movie-movies, that's something else...I try not to remember those. And apparently I succeed. I'll get back to this thread if I come across one.

Guy

Inkling
I think it was around 1980 or so there was a Flash Gordon movie. Even as a 12 year old I thought it was ridiculous. The only other thing I can think of is an all-way tie between every SciFi original movie ever produced.

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat

I don't know how people can forget this one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is great! :)

I like when the big black guy who is their master of disguise infiltrates the tomato camp dressed as a tomato, but is found out when he asks for ketchup for his food.

I wish they would have made the sequel teased at the end: The Wrath of the Grapes :D

Devor

Fiery Keeper of the Hat
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes is great! :)

It does have a certain charm to it. But if you listed all of the elements you would expect of a bad movie, they're all there. If you just heard the idea behind the movie, I think most people would say it's a bad idea. Insomuch as the movie works, I would still put it in the it's-so-bad-it's-funny column.

Which truthfully is kind of why I mentioned it - almost certainly the worst movie ever made, whatever it is, tried to be so normal it was boring, and probably the acting was flat, and nobody saw it. That kind of movie isn't even worth talking about.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Felis amatus
It does have a certain charm to it. But if you listed all of the elements you would expect of a bad movie, they're all there. If you just heard the idea behind the movie, I think most people would say it's a bad idea. Insomuch as the movie works, I would still put it in the it's-so-bad-it's-funny column.

Yes, exactly. And the movie was a spoof, so it was meant to be so bad it was funny. I found myself chuckling throughout it. I never saw any of the actual sequels (they never made Wrath of the Grapes, but there are apparently other Tomato movies), but I suspect those won't quite pull off what the original did. It seems like sequels to this kind of cult hit never quite stand up to the original.

teacup

Auror
Never seen the movie, but this is so hilariously bad I had to post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Addison

Auror
Another bad movie to add to the roster. Guyver. I salute the puppetry of the nineties but that was the only good thing in that entire movie. For all you Star Wars fans do NOT watch. It was a low point in Mark Hamill's career.

Dragev

Scribe
I disagree with anyone saying Inglorious Basterds or Dark Knight were bad movies; bad for me means bad plot, bad acting, terrible effects (although Star Wars Episode II is very high on my list) etc.

I was expecting more exploitations films to be listed here; like the one where a KFC is constructed on the top of a ative-american cemetery and their ghosts ally themselves to the ghosts of the chicken to avenge themselves on the people that eat at the KFC.
I am not joking.

The Room. Do I really need to say anything more?
I do? Go see it then, you're in for a treat.
I've seldom laughed so hard at anything. In fact it's probably unfair to label it the worst movie ever made as I'm sure there was some kind of perverse genius at work on the script. That still doesn't explain the acting, though. It's certainly an experience, if not necessarily a good one.