• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Once Upon a Time - New Show on ABC

myrddin173

Maester
Has anybody seen the previews of this new show Once Upon a Time coming to ABC this fall? The basic premise is that the fairy tale characters have been exiled from the enchanted forest by the evil queen and are forced to live in the human world, in a town named Storybrook. In addition they cannot remember who they once were. The show starts with the Storybrook version of the Evil Queen's foster son finding his birth mother so she can set things right. She of course is the lost child of Snow White and Prince Charming.

I for one am really excited to see how it will turn out. I am a big fan of these re-imaginings of fairy tales, even the movie The Brothers Grimm. I also like Jennifer Morrison from her time on House and am looking forward to Robert Carlyle as Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw on IMDB that Julia Robberts is working on something where she plays the Evil Queen of Snow White... is this the same thing?...
Hold on, Ill Google it...
Ok, no. Here is what you were talking (writing) about:
Once Upon a Time (TV Series 2011) - IMDb

This is what I was thinking of:
The Brothers Grimm: Snow White (2012) - IMDb

"Storyline
A dark twist on the classic fairy tale, in which Snow White and the seven dwarfs look to reclaim their destroyed kingdom."

It looks interesting - but I wonder how a good a TV series it will actually be. Even though I know it shouldn't, it oddly reminds me of The 10th Kingdom - which also was dealing with Snow White. TTK was an awesome miniseries event and so was Alice. I don't know if this concept can "work" as a TV show, but it will be interesting to see nonetheless.

kuraimorgan

Dreamer
I'm eager to give it a go, it looked interesting and I'm sick of just about everything else on tv so this should be fun.

Ghost

Inkling
I have that show set to record. From the previews, it looks similar to The 10th Kingdom and Tin Man, which I loved. I'm also recording Grimm. It looks a little cheesy, but I'm okay with cheese in moderation.

I hope these shows are interesting and of good quality. I could do with an dystopian, scif-fi type of show next.

You know, the shows this year have been disapointing...
I am hopefull that this show won't stink like the rest of em, I was excited about The Secret Circle but that was a stinker :(

Thursday

Scribe
I can't wait to see it. The networks have really had to step up their game thanks to all the great shows on channels such as F/X and AMC.

Dragonie

Scribe
Oh, I forgot all about this! And Grimm, as well, actually. I do want to watch both of them, though I was really annoyed with Grimm's long preview from a few months ago-- it's basically the entire first episode, including the conclusion! Ugh, so stupid.

rayne

Dreamer
Wow, that preview of Grimm looks really good. When does it come out? I haven't seen the preview from Once Upon a Time but it does really sound Enchanted and the 10th Kingdome all rolled into one. I do hope these are good 'cause I'm like Blue Lotus. There's not much on TV that I want to watch anymore. The shows are all terrible.

myrddin173

Maester
I watched the premier of Once upon a time and I really liked it. I just wish I didn't have to wait a whole week for the next episode!

myrddin173

Maester
Myr, were you as mad as I was when they killed off the huntsman? :mad:
Ugh a whole month more to see what happens next... what a bummer.

Actually I'm more disappointed, that character had such potential. Though I am very happy that my theory about his fairy tale identity was correct. And finally we have proof Regina Knows. Though we don't know about Rumpel, I'm kind of excited for his episode.

I think his is the last show of the season... Rumple is easy to hate. I am trying not to until I know more about him, but they are NOT making it easy.

As for James... I wonder if Snow White knows who he really is?

myrddin173

Maester
In fact it seems Rumpel's is up next, well at least according to wikipedia's episode list for Once. I think Rumpel is one of my favorites, but I have always liked those kinds of bad guys (Regina is another favorite, actually most of the characters are). It also looks like Emma is going to run for Mayor, another theory of mine coming to fruition :cool:

I have a feeling that James told Snow, but I don't think she would have cared, true love and all that. In reality Charming's episode made me a lot more mad than this past one.

Hmm, you know now that you mention it...
I had assumed with the death of the sheriff she would run for that post. It never crossed my mind that she would run for mayor.
Now I really can't wait to see what happens. Oh, and you are right his is next, I got them mixed up.

danr62

Sage
I enjoy the series although at times it goes a bit on the corny side.

Charming's episode was complete crap.
"He's dead! No wait...OMG he has a twin brother!"

That was a completely unsatisfying plot twist.

Grimm looks enjoyable as well but it's too dark for my family so I might have to watch it on free On Demand when everyone is asleep.