• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

The Tiger slinks out from the forest to greet others like her! :D

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Hello everyone! I am, as you can see...WhiteTiger. I have been writing for quite some time and am a high fantasy with realism writer. I greatly look forward to meeting other writers and making friends. :D I have several short stories already written and am looking at starting the mind boggling process of submissions. I follow a lecture from Ray Bradbury, the master of short stories about starting and working withing that first, then maybe later a novel. In the mean time, you have so many short stories and ta-daaaa... you have enough material for a book. :eek:

I also continue to push the limits and write as much as I can, when ever, with great passion and imagination every day!

Welcome! It seems like most people here are working on novels. I have one short story out right now (my first :eek:) and have a few others in progress. I sort of went the opposite way though, and wrote a novel and a half first... not a good novel and a half. :)

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Awwwwweeeeee thanks guys.. and I'd love to submit many of my short stories here but I am afraid there are some small parts that are above pg-13, and I've learned I can't submit them... :(.. I'm not sure as to it being graphic or the nature making it the rating. So I suppose I will have to wait and see. I was just very excited by that lecture by Bradburry, as my short stories run from about 15 to 30k words... and the average novel is much higher than that. I was and am hoping to take it slow and start making a slow name for myself, if ever published and then work up to novels.

It is indeed a pleasure to meet you all!!! :D

Xavorn

Minstrel
Hello,

Short stories from 15k to 30k? Is it just me, or why does it feel like way too long for a SS? :D
Well, anyhow, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

-Xavorn

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Hello,

Short stories from 15k to 30k? Is it just me, or why does it feel like way too long for a SS? :D
Well, anyhow, welcome to the forums and enjoy your stay.

-Xavorn

Well, under 2k is just flash fiction and under the standard amount for a novel, there is a wide area of space for story lengths that fit within that window.

I really would like to put some of my stuff up but I am unsure if even the content concepts are admissible for here, not things with violence or other "natures".

Last edited:

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Lol, I guess, maybe??? IDK. The one I am on now I am about three-fourths of the way through and I am at about 6.5k, so far. I'm doing it for a specific submission piece that is supposed to be a part of an a potential anthology. Plus I am backed up on my other things I have to get done too, but I have to finish this and start the editing process, because it is Due Nov. 1st.. lol.

Blayze

Dreamer
Hi there, welcome to MS. It sounds like you are further along writing than me, so good luck and I hope it goes well for you. Oh and luck with the Nov 1st deadline.

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Hi there, welcome to MS. It sounds like you are further along writing than me, so good luck and I hope it goes well for you. Oh and luck with the Nov 1st deadline.

Thanks very much and naw, not further along.. at all... my works are smaller to begin with but man, I just found out from another member, a most excellent writer that this particular publish company has a twitter and web place for what they do with all their pieces they don't like.. and chock full of public humiliation... :( , so I will NOT be submitting my story to them... lol...

myrddin173

Maester
Welcome White Tiger

as for the word count debate. here is a rough guide for the distinctions (scroll down to "in fiction") so according to that its between a novelette and a novella.

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Awesome.. Thanks Myrddin! I did put up a couple pieces of flash fictions and a prologue... but I loathe the editing process...I would love to also find links with discussions on modern grammar use and punctuations. If you know of any that would be great.

BTW.. hee hee do you know how your user name is pronounced? Welsh/Cymru is a large part of my heritage..XD!

Ooooh, I just looked, and as such, most of what I have written to date, by those standards are Novelette or Novella. Now I know why I hate going over them again and again for editing..XD

Last edited: