• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Where are you from?

Shadoe

Sage
Ypsilanti wasn't exactly a garden spot when I had friends there. I'm thinking the whole southeastern part of Michigan is pretty much a write-off at this point. I don't go there much anymore. My daughter lives near Flint, so I'm considering a trip through there when I go home at the end of the year. Her second is on the way and I have to spend a lot of money. :)

Linqy

Scribe
I seem to be the first one posting here that's Dutch!
I live in Holland (The Netherlands or whatever you like to call it). Yes, it is as small and rainy as we're known for, but no, we don't all smoke pot all day and walk around in clogs. And truthfully, I have never once in my life been in or near a windmill either ;).

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
White Tiger - my husband went to TX for a month to do summer sales, and they didn't get along either. :D

Thank you soooooooo much.. *feels validated after what will be seven years of H*ll* here.... lol.. My husband is in Germany and I will be going back to Tucson, AZ to be with our kids... it's hard being separated from him though..:(

Ypsilanti wasn't exactly a garden spot when I had friends there. I'm thinking the whole southeastern part of Michigan is pretty much a write-off at this point. I don't go there much anymore. My daughter lives near Flint, so I'm considering a trip through there when I go home at the end of the year. Her second is on the way and I have to spend a lot of money. :)

ROFL, I was on the other side of the lake when I was growing up. Over where all the farms were so it was not too bad. I do remember when I was about 6 being in depot town (historic ypsi) and someone shoot the window of my babysitters apt out. :(

I prefer the country over the cities any day of the week. My dream home is in a field in FL. No neighbors, about 20 mins from town!

My husband is in Germany and I will be going back to Tucson, AZ to be with our kids... it's hard being separated from him though.

That is tough. My husband moved out here to Utah a month before my daughters and I were able to come (we were living in Ohio at the time). It was the worst month of my life... and from how it sounds, yours has been gone even longer. :(

I prefer the country over the cities any day of the week. My dream home is in a field in FL. No neighbors, about 20 mins from town!
Amen, except mine would be in the Pacific Northwest!

I live in Holland (The Netherlands or whatever you like to call it). Yes, it is as small and rainy as we're known for, but no, we don't all smoke pot all day and walk around in clogs. And truthfully, I have never once in my life been in or near a windmill either .

I'm excited that you posted! Do you call it Holland?

Linqy

Scribe
Well, I usually say Netherlands truthfully. Holland sounds lame XD But it's the most common term I think, because of the soccer teams and all XD

WhiteTiger

Dreamer
Thank you soooooooo much.. *feels validated after what will be seven years of H*ll* here.... lol.. My husband is in Germany and I will be going back to Tucson, AZ to be with our kids... it's hard being separated from him though..:(

Thanks and it is.. but I've had a change of plans, and will be going out with him, maybe/hoping around April, with my 5 year old... and my younger ones, still under 18, (the 1st two are in their 20's already so I can't make em', even if I wanted to) I am struggling on weather to make them eventually come out to live with me or leave them where they are, and the are happy. Teen years are hard enough on kids.

Oh and as a child I adored Holland, I just had this peaceful and happy place in my mind from there with a windmill, the Spring wind blowing gently and fields upon fields of tulips (my fav flower btw) swaying in the wind with it. Very happy place for me...:D

subdee

Dreamer
Alright, time for another European to post here!

I have lived in many places around the world but here's my story:

I was born in Indiana, USA, moved to Greece when I was 4, grew up here and left to go back to the USA to study. After studying in the USA, I moved back to Greece to serve in the army. After that, I moved to South Africa to stay and work with my uncle in Sandton, a suburb of Johannesburg but that didn't work out so then I moved back to Greece. Ever since, I've been living here in Greece trying to make a living but certain situations make it harder than it should be.

Since my family has moved a lot in my days, I'd rather not move again, but if I find my path to my dreams is being blocked here, I'll have to pursue them elsewhere, at least while I'm still under 35 hehe.

Born, raised, and living in suburban Georgia- the state, not the country. If you ever want to set your story in Georgia... wait, why the hell would you ever want to do that? It's pretty boring here but not as worthless as some other states (I'm looking at you Kentucky). My main entertainment comes from the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks (damn lockout) and I look forward to every promising season that ends in mediocrity. I spend a lot of time in Atlanta (well really only for sports and charity work, but that's a good bit of time) so I know a good bit about the city. It kinda sucks. Suffice to say, if you've never spent time in Georgia in the summer, you don't know what real humidity is.

Born, raised, and living in suburban Georgia- the state, not the country. If you ever want to set your story in Georgia... wait, why the hell would you ever want to do that? It's pretty boring here but not as worthless as some other states (I'm looking at you Kentucky). My main entertainment comes from the Falcons, Braves, and Hawks (damn lockout) and I look forward to every promising season that ends in mediocrity. I spend a lot of time in Atlanta (well really only for sports and charity work, but that's a good bit of time) so I know a good bit about the city. It kinda sucks. Suffice to say, if you've never spent time in Georgia in the summer, you don't know what real humidity is.

LOL, give central FL a try mid Aug. Now that is STICKY.
I found that the gulf is better than the ocean side that time of year. Rosebay
on my b day (14th) I took a shower, got my hair dried etc... I was out of the shower for about one hr before I felt like I had just stepped out of the running water. Ewww.

Yeah it's awful haha. Georgia really isn't that bad of a place, summer can blow though. I love Florida, except the fact that 95% of the state is about 4 years from their expiration date. The gulf is great I go down there pretty much every year, PC or Seaside for spring break it gets kinda crazy. Avoid the area if you're over 25.

Shadoe

Sage
I've lived in Atlanta, briefly in Florida (Orlando), and I live now, sorta, in South Carolina. Hot, mugggy, feel like you've been whapped with a wet towel the second you walk out the door... yeah, The South. :)

Shadoe

Sage
I live in Holland (The Netherlands or whatever you like to call it). Yes, it is as small and rainy as we're known for, but no, we don't all smoke pot all day and walk around in clogs. And truthfully, I have never once in my life been in or near a windmill either ;).
I used to work in the international mailroom in Atlanta. We got all the mail coming from the Netherlands to the US. My impression of the place is that everyone has sex four times a day and spends most of their time naked. Oh yeah, and there were some flowers. And they apparently like to send pot to the US in new and ingenious ways - I was a drug dog. :)

Shadoe

Sage
I prefer small towns. My place in NY is just about perfect. Rochester is on one side of the bay, and I live on the other side, and the town is really small but still manages to have everything I need (Target, movie theater, bookstore). If I want to go get some city atmosphere, I drive across the bridge and I'm there in 10 minutes. If I want a little more country, I drive east and I'm there in 5 minutes. I Love it!

Where I am now is a little further from civilization than I'd like. No Target, no movie theater, and no bookstore. I think there might be a theater and some kind of bookstore in the next town, but I haven't found it yet. I have to drive an hour to get to a Target. Of course, I rarely see daylight, so it's not a really big deal right now.

CharlieDay

Scribe
I live in Columbus Ohio. We just made the world news with the massive animal escape I'm sure many of you have heard about. Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my!

Haha that was my brother's exact tweet when that hit the news. He's up there playing baseball in college. Not in Columbus, mind you, but in Oxford.