• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dany to play Sarah Conner

Ophiucha

Auror
And we're making another Terminator film... why, exactly?

Emilia Clarke is a good actress, though, so I'm glad she's taking on Connor. Hope it does well in theatres so we get to see her in Terminator II, all buff and badass. Emilia would look great with some kickin' biceps.

Jabrosky

Banned
And we're making another Terminator film... why, exactly?
Because Hollywood screenwriters can't be bothered to write original stories these days?

Actually I think remaking famous old movies isn't all that bad if you're making substantial updates to them. I enjoyed the Peter Jackson remake of King Kong for instance, even if it was less concise than the original.

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Because Hollywood screenwriters can't be bothered to write original stories these days?
More than likely it's because the studio, who already owns the script, can rehash the same story for profit...over & over...every 20 years to a new generation.

Paying writers for new stories, they view as more expensive and a greater risk. Personally, I've given up on all remakes. The vast majority, in my opinion, are horrible. I won't pay a dime to see another remake.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
But, but what about the new Godzilla movie? It looks awesome! :)

I love Emilia Clarke so I'm all for seeing her in other big roles. I think I like her as Dany on the TV show more than I like Dany in the books honestly.

SeverinR

Vala
I've been disapointed in the lack of people making jokes about her and Cersei both being Sarah Conner.

Until you mentioned it, I didn't know.
Never watched Sarah Conor chronicles.
Not surprising, I don't recognize half the stars of GOT if their not in costume.
Dany is alot different looking in real life.
Lena Headly is alot different then when she played Sarah Conor. (I always think of it as Terminator said it)