• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Sparks - Release Day Blitz

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
RS,

Consider linking the cover image of your book on your blog to its Amazon page. I clicked on it expecting it to take me there, or to a jumping off point, and was disappointed when it didn't.

The sample on Amazon has line spaces between all the paragraphs. Typically, book formating is indentations with no line space. I also noticed that the sample used dashes instead of emdashes and one of the quotation marks following an emdash was pointed the wrong direction.

Thanks.

Brian

BWFoster78

Myth Weaver
RS,

Definitely congrats. It takes a lot of work to get something out there.

When I finally get around to publishing, I'm going to want all the data I can get on how other people are viewing my book. It sounds like, from your message, you don't share the same interest. That being the case, please disregard my suggestions.

Thanks.

Brian

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Congrats on your release! Here's hoping it does very well.

If you're interested in sharing an excerpt on my blog, I wouldn't mind doing so. Just PM me some information about yourself that you'd like shared. I had planned to host an interview or something like that once a month on my blog, but have not been doing it. So putting the offer out there!

Last edited:

RS McCoy

Scribe
Brian! I think you misunderstand my comment immensely. While you are in fact absolutely correct on all points, on the day of my release I chose to focus on the positive. As easy and as natural as some folks seem to find writing to be, unfortunately that isn't the case for me. I put in real time and work to see my novel published and as I said initially, I am immensely proud of my accomplishment. I know in order for you to make those comments, you must have spent at least a few minutes on my blog and the Amazon page, and for that I am grateful. So I am sincere when I say 'Thanks!'

Phil- I would LOVE to! Ironically, I initially had you on my list of people to peddle for a release day promo or review, but ultimately decided as a moderator of site like this and writer of many immensely useful articles, that there was no way you would be interested. I'll be sending some info your way shortly!