• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Welcome to the world of goblins, gingerbread cities and eight-stemmed mushrooms …

Gluttony
(The Spider Mushroom Quest, Book One)

Dawn Marshallsay

I may be in search of my destiny, but I don’t believe anyone can foresee it.
It’s up to me how I reach it, and who helps me along the way

(Ivy Slaughter)

Ivy’s goblin family has always treated her as a slave because she’s half-human, but now they’re sending her into the world of men to collect the stems of a mushroom that can change her into a full-blooded goblin. The closer Ivy gets to the prize, the closer she gets to losing the one thing she can call her own: her humanity.

Seven stems, seven sins and one deadly prize …

While the eighth stem still holds up the Spider Mushroom like any other mushroom in the forest, the other stems must be earned by helping seven individuals overcome the seven deadly sins. With the help of a human outlaw whom she saves from drowning, Ivy sets off to earn the first stem from a wizard whose gluttony is causing his city to starve.

Let the journey begin …

Amazon.com
Amazon.com: Gluttony (The Spider Mushroom Quest, Book One) eBook: Dawn Marshallsay: Kindle Store

Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gluttony-Sp...d=1384981749&sr=8-1&keywords=dawn+marshallsay

Last edited by a moderator:

Evilyn

Scribe
Great concept, I am intrigued! Will let you know how I get on when I get time, got a huge reading list at the moment :)

I totally empathise: I often have a few books on the go at once so I can dip into whichever one suits my mood at the time. Looking forward to you joining Ivy's world :)

RS McCoy

Scribe
Hey Dawn! Your book looks SUPER interesting and fabulous, so I decided to host it as the feature on my blog for Feature Title Sunday this week. Check it out!

rsmccoy.blogspot.com

Oo exciting!! Thanks so much for spreading the word, hopefully Ivy's adventures will provide some entertainment during the cold winter nights. Looking at the bio on your blog, I'm impressed that you manage to write during the 3-5pm period, as that's normally when my eyes start drooping, but writing must be a great way to unwind after teaching all day, taking your mind off work. I hope 2014 bring you lots of inspiration :rolleyes: