• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Greetings!

I think I'm becoming a bit of a forum junkie. This is my fifth writer's forum, but I'm always on the lookout for more. I hail from Canada and have a passion for all things gothic and fantasy. I've written one novel that's pending a response for a publishing company, and I'm currently working on the second one of the series. I hope to get to know many of you and broaden my writer network.

RQ

Linqy

Scribe
Hi there!

Welcome to the forums! I can say that I'm not as addicted as you yet (only 2 forums for me XD) but it's nice to see you discovered this one!
Do you think your manuscript is going to be as big as... lets say... J.K Rowling? Aka, are you confident about your works?

anyways, have a great time around here!

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

My ms is urban fantasy about a sorceress named Katerina who, because of a magical accident, has been cursed to immortality. There's a bit more of a description on my blog (The Raven's Quill) if you're interested in reading more. I also have some character profiles/interviews on there :)

The next Harry Potter? Man, that's every writer's dream nowadays isn't it? The big "if only". I don't have any expectations, but I'd say I'm pretty confident that the people who read it will enjoy it. My character carry their own weight pretty well ;)

As for dark fantasy, I would love to give it a try sometime, but so far I haven't given it much of a try. Is that your forte, Ourobos?

TWErvin2

Auror
Raven's Quill,

Welcome. Of the forums I visit, this is a pretty active, friendly and helpful place.

Wishing you the best both with your novel out on submission and your current work in progress.

Terry

Ghost

Inkling
As for dark fantasy, I would love to give it a try sometime, but so far I haven't given it much of a try. Is that your forte, Ourobos?

"Forte" isn't the word I'd use: I'd feel like I was putting on airs. :eek: Dark fantasy is something I dabble in, though. That's why I see "gothic" and "fantasy" and immediately want to mash them together in a gooey mess.