• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey all :)

Centerfield97

Troubadour
Hey everyone! I've always been obsessed with fantasy (most lately reading A Song of Ice and Fire series religiously) and have the foundations for the beginning of a fairly (in my opinion) interesting manuscript. I like to think myself a skilled essay/nonfiction writer, but my fiction writing definitely needs some work, so here I am :)

If you're looking to start writing fantasy, then good call with GRRM! Definitely one of my fave's as well.

I'd love to hear more about this story idea you have. Forum's are a great place to bounce ideas around and get feedback, so I hope to see you around the boards.

TWErvin2

Auror
Hey Centerfield97,

Welcome!

Skill at writing nonfiction and essays gives you a leg up in taking a crack at ficiton. Glad you joined.

Terry

Centerfield97

Troubadour
Ahh, I've got some catching up to do. I'm half-way through book three.

Book three was my favorite so far. Books four and five happen at the same time actually, with four being all King's Landing/Dorne/Iron Islands and book five being The Wall/Dany/Tyrion.

Which reminds me why book five is so much more interesting than four. It has all the best characters! Screw the Iron Islands... and Dorne for that matter.

I finished feast about a week ago and I'm going to wait to get dance. I have too many things going on right now to invest time in reading it unfortunately. also cersei is a massive **** and who doesn't love dany?

Centerfield97

Troubadour
I finished feast about a week ago and I'm going to wait to get dance. I have too many things going on right now to invest time in reading it unfortunately. also cersei is a massive **** and who doesn't love dany?

For me, Arya has had a very interesting storyline thus far. Who knew she would be where she is since 3 books ago?

Arya and Tyrion are by far my favourite characters. She's spunky and he's witty. Not really sure I liked what he did with Tyrion in the last book, but I'm sure it's the start of something great to come!