• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hello

Hagan

Dreamer
How do all.

I've been writing form myself for about 20 years, from rambling notes and 'AWESOME STORIES' from my childhood (yeah yeah, I they were god awful and I'm man enough to admit it), to some more measured and grown up tales in the science fiction, fantasy and general fiction genres. None of its published and only a few of my yarns have ended up posted online on other sites.

I have a problem with my writing which stop me from posting it anywhere serious, I get hung up on the details and story elements regarding historical events. I can't leave the strands alone. An innocuous comment here or there can leave me frustrated as someone asks 'what does this referrer too?' and before you know it I have 6 more stories to explain the first ones 'past events'. Leave me alone with it long enough and I'll have most of a book written and a headache from having to explain myself over and over and over and over....

Yeah, that probably says more about me that you really wanted to know. I'm not methodical, just a messy writer.

Currently writing Star Citizen Fan Fiction whilst the game is being developed and trying to carefully put together some of my own work, being careful to focus on one scene at a time and to keep the details clean (a frustrating task).

Other details include: Male, English, Idiot.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Hagan
I think you have the "Bug" - a lot of writers get it, myself included.
I know what is in the pockets of my current MC [and no its not a golden ring].
This is a great place to learn and share.
Leap on in when you have half a mind.

Hagan

Dreamer
Half a mind???? really, that much..... dang.
I'll need to save up for that methinks.

Currently browsing the forums at the moment but I'll share some work once I finish my yearly clean up of files (So many notes).

JRFLynn

Sage
Welcome to the scribes Hagan, I think we all initially feel a bit shy in regards to sharing our work with the public. I had a similar problem where a friend said my story was too complex and hard to get through. Arg! :timebomb: We're all writers here so no worries, put it out there and have fun!