• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi People

Greed

Acolyte
Hello!

I'm Creative Writing graduate from London, England. I'm tend to write sci-fi but I'll read anything that takes my fancy, although sci-fi crops up more than anything. I enjoy magical realism and works that cross fantasy elements with other genres. I look forward to reading discussions about character development and world-building on the forum. I might just lurk in the background for a bit before contributing, not sure as of yet. I used to be a member of some writing forums when I was a teenager (I'm 24) but haven't got involved with any since then. I wrote my first novel for NationalNovelWriting Month in November last year. It was a post-apocalyptic sci-fi fantasy extravaganza.

The writer I'm reading most at the moment is Iain M Banks.

Bye!

Yellow

Minstrel
Welcome Greed! No biggie on the lurking. I spent like a year lurking the heck out of this place before i started posting rather recently. I think you'll enjoy yourself here! Also, is your nickname a reference to Full Metal Alchemist by any chance?

Greed

Acolyte
Thanks for making me feel welcome!

Yellow: Not a Full Metal Jacket guy I'm afraid, although I have been on tumblr enough to be aware of what you're talking about and I keep thinking I should start watching it because those GIFs look pretty awesome.
My nickname has been my my forum-moniker for ... (jeez) 10 years now and I think it was originally because when I started posting on a forum for the first time I was just looking for a particular comic or torrent or something. So basically I was only there because I was being 'greedy' and I didn't actually want to join the community. Something like that.

Ruby

Auror
Hi Greed, Welcome! Like you, I did NaNoWriMo and "won" it; however, it's not exactly a book yet. I also write fantasy and SF. This is a great site for inspiration and procrastination. If you ask a question on the forums here you usually start an interesting debate.