• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi All

Fabsfan

Hi folks. Just got here so I'm still making my way around. Quick intro is that I'm a writer still looking for success. My preferred genre is high fantasy but I have tried others like crime. I currently have 5 books in self-publish, another finished and in the editing stage and two others semi-finished. I'm also working on a cookbook believe it or not. Still not sure what to call it but the working title is "The Smartass Cookbook".
Yeah, I'm from Philly so that title is probably the closest description of the recipes. Anyway, this looks like a great place and hope to find some great conversations here.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Fabsfan
A cook book for Smartasses? why not the more the merrier!
Leap on in when you have the urge.
Don't fight the urge. The urge is good. Trust the urge...

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Hello and welcome to Mythic Scribes.

I'm yet to finish even my first book, so I'm a little envious still of those who already have several published. There's a lot of experienced gained from that I've yet to gather up. Best of luck with your cookbook - and the cooking. :)

AlinaKitti

Dreamer
Hello! Welcome to the website. Wow, you have like 5 books... I have like 30 pages.... I better write some more?...

Philly is... Philadelphia? If so I'm not that far from you. A few hours I think.

Fabsfan

Hello! Welcome to the website. Wow, you have like 5 books... I have like 30 pages.... I better write some more?...

Philly is... Philadelphia? If so I'm not that far from you. A few hours I think.
Yes, Philly is Philadelphia. I was born there and lived there till about 11 years ago. Now I'm on Long Island in New York. I'm trying to scrape enough money to get the family down to Miami. The Mrs. has family there and I've had about enough of these Northeastern winters.
Now, as far as publishing goes, I self-publish my books. I played the run-around game too long with agents and publishing houses. They seem to be less interested in new talent as they are in established authors. J.K.Rowling is a case-in-point. Her detective book sucked and was not received well under a different pen name. Once it was revealed that she wrote it, it went to #1. Did the book suddenly get better or has the literary world become a group of pretentious snobs?
I write for myself. If anybody else reads it and likes it, that's just a bonus. I've gotten good reviews for the most part and have a very - extremely - small following. But you write and publish and one day someone reads your book out of boredom and they realize it's not that bad at all and the rest of the snobs fall in like sheep.
If anybody here would like to read any of my works I'll be glad to supply a free copy in exchange for a review on Amazon or Barns & Noble. If anybody wants help in self-publishing I'm here for that too. The important thing is to get your work out there...it'll never get noticed on your computer.
Ed ;)

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the Scribes!!!

It's nice to see people offering help to the community right off the bat, so thank you for sharing your experiences self-publishing. I think there are a lot of people here right now, debating whether to jump in with both feet and just do it...

Fabsfan

I'm no expert but I've done it a few times and am more than happy to share my opinions. My thoughts are, that if you don't try, then you'll never know. Suppose Steven King or Gregory Maguire had thought their work wasn't good enough to be made available? No, no, no, you have to at least try. The worst that happens is the world doesn't know that you exist as a writer...the same fate that comes from not trying.