• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

How did you discover Mythic Scribes?

I was Looking for YA urban Fantasy help and it popped up, I'm still not sure if this is what I was looking for or not, but some of the articles have been very helpful

Ruby

Auror
I found you via one of Phil the Drill's blogs. Then I subscribed to your emails and followed Phil on Twitter. From there I read one of Phil's stories which had been a winner on some competition here. I thought the story was brilliant!
I didn't join your site until last month: I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time time and "won" it, which means writing over 50,000 words in November. You're not supposed to reread or edit your writing, but I did. Anyway, I enjoyed the forums there and so, while I was on holiday and had some free time for writing, I joined Mythic Scribes. I was very nervous at first, but it's a friendly, supportive community with some very knowledgeable people here.
Unfortunately, I'm procrastinating here too much and not writing my WIP's, but I can't really blame you entirely for that! On the other hand, I'm doing the Reaver challenge and Phil's ABC Fantasy challenge, so I am writing!
I've also joined the Flat Earth Game after I was asked if I'd like to participate. I'm not quite sure what it's about yet!
I write Fantasy, Romance and SF with a bit of Time Travel and Steam Punk.
I "chatted" to Reaver last night (having only just discovered that you have a chat room) and he suggested I write a post on this thread.
Btw I also thought at first that Mythic Scribes was Phil the Drill's Site!

Regards, Ruby. :)

Last edited:
I found you via one of Phil the Drill's blogs. Then I subscribed to your emails and followed Phil on Twitter. From there I read one of Phil's stories which had been a winner on some competition here. I thought the story was brilliant!
I didn't join your site until last month: I participated in NaNoWriMo for the first time time and "won" it, which means writing over 50,000 words in November. You're not supposed to reread or edit your writing, but I did. Anyway, I enjoyed the forums there and so, while I was on holiday and had some free time for writing, I joined Mythic Scribes. I was very nervous at first, but it's a friendly, supportive community with some very knowledgeable people here.
Unfortunately, I'm procrastinating here too much and not writing my WIP's, but I can't really blame you entirely for that! On the other hand, I'm doing the Reaver challenge and Phil's ABC Fantasy challenge, so I am writing!
I've also joined the Flat Earth Game after I was asked if I'd like to participate. I'm not quite sure what it's about yet!
I write Fantasy, Romance and SF with a bit of Time Travel and Steam Punk.
I "chatted" to Reaver last night (having only just discovered that you have a chat room) and he suggested I write a post on this thread.
Btw I also thought at first that Mythic Scribes was Phil the Drill's Site!

Regards, Ruby. :)

You're not procrastinating, you're consolidating your knowledge ;).

I was searching for another forum I was a part of many years ago, called Scribes, on a forum software called Runboards. This site popped up, and it looked quite interesting, so here I am!

Kyle_Throw

My creative writing teacher sent me here because he said it would be good for me to learn from other writers in my genre. I have been here and there and read some of the forms and articles on the home page, but since I am putting my book out there after twelve years of work, I figured that this community might be a good place for me to build something of a following.

First of all welcome to the best fantasy writers forum in existence.

Well, I dont know about you building something of a following , However this website has so many people who just want to help. Really, they will proof read your work for you, Give you constructive criticism, and most importantly help you grow. Reading things on this website always sparks new ideas or images of things I want to create.

If people do like your work though, you never know you may well end up with some sort of following. :)

Again, Welcome and enjoy

In SFFChronicles (where I've now lived for several years) while bemoaning my inability to structure stories someone suggested that here would be a good place to visit. So I did. ;)

Tercel

Acolyte
I was looking up information and tips for writing, fight scenes in particular, and my brother linked me here.

e r i

Scribe
Through Google. I can't actually remember what it was that I googled… it may have been 'Fantasy Writers Community'.