• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Pleased To Make Your Acquaintance

Greetings!!!

I'm not particularly good at introducing myself but I'll give it a shot. First things first, I am lonelyboy1977 though most people simply call me Ian. Much like everyone else here, I imagine; I have a love of reading and writing that goes back to early childhood. As for my reading preferences, I'm open to most genres as a book reader. But when it comes to writing I'm almost exclusively a writer of fantasy & science fiction; although I've been known to write poetry on occasions.

Although writing fiction has long been a hobby of mine, I've never really written stories with the intention of having them read by other people. But that is something that I am now seeking to change. My new year's resolution is to take my creative writing beyond being just an enjoyable pastime, to something that I pursue full-time, for the rest of my days. I've reached the point in my life where I'm tired of going through the motions of working a 9 to 5 job I have absolutely no passion for. I have come to the realisation that being a writer is my true calling in life, so that's why I've joined this forum.

Being a writer is potentially a lonely existence, and while I don't have a problem with solitude, I would prefer my path to publication (whether traditionally or more likely self-publication) to be a journey I undertake with travelling companions. I'm hoping that Mythic Scribes will be a place where I can connect with like minded writers, so we can encourage, inspire and help each other to achieve our dreams.

I look forward to getting to know you all better over the coming days, weeks and months ahead. :)

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met lonelyboy1977
This is a great place to learn and share.
We are friendly, amazingly so, considering that writers are supposed to have huge egos.
I'm sure we can make the journey each of us travels a little more tolerable.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to Mythic Scribe Ian.

I'm too in a similar position, scribbling away on my first novel. I've had tremendous help and made great progress thanks to the people I've met here and the feedback and advice I've been given.

Best of luck with your writing and welcome on-board.

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
Welcome to the Scribes, Ian. This is a great forum full of supportive folks who have been exactly where you are right now. We all have a story about how we began and for me, finding MS was one of the best things ever. This is a place where we can chat, play, share, and learn. No one will point and laugh, I promise ;)

Caged Maiden

Staff
Article Team
You absolutely may. If someone hassles you, I have your back. And if I can't beat them up, I'll get the Reaver to lay the smack down, or one of our other friendly moderators. All good people and super fun. This is certainly a place where we all try to give back and support each other. There are some really good writers here, but most of them started as really weak writers at some point, and we all (wherever we are) are on this journey together.

Welcome to Mythic Scribes Ian, I do believe you have found the place you're looking for. There are some lovely people here so do make use of this gathering of minds, don't stand on ceremony, dive in and join us. Any questions, just ask.

Reaver

Staff
Welcome to Mythic Scribes. What Caged Maiden said is true. If you ever have any problems, please don't hesitate to PM me and I'll do my best to help you.