• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Your Favorite Sources of Publishing Info

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Since there seems to be lots of places where publishing info (both traditional and self) are floating around, would anyone care to share some of their best sources? This could be a website, a blog, a particularly writer you follow, etc.

I'd say Chuck Wendig's terribleminds is always a good spot to get funny and insightful news about publishing.

Hugh Howey also seems to have a popular blog for indie writers to follow.

Any other sites or links you would like to recommend?

C

Chessie

I LOVE Lindsay Buroker. Not only is she a fantastic storyteller, but she's saavy and is open about her experiences in self-publishing. I also follow her on Twitter and her blog. She's a great example to follow.

Wow, great list up there!

Yes, Passive Voice, Konrath, DWS, Kris Rusch - basically this is your "who's who" of major spots for indies. I'd add in Hugh, now. And Lindsay, while perhaps not as well known, is an AWESOME source as well. Gaughran does not post as often, but is great.

Consider Joanna Penn, too. Blog and podcast.
If you like podcasts, the "Self Publishing Podcast" is OUTSTANDING. Very solid material.

Kindleboards (K Boards now) is great too, albeit with somewhat higher noise to signal ratios than elsewhere on this list.