• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Well Met

Wordweaver

Dreamer
Hello to all...My name is David. I'm pretty new to serious writing and am currently working on my first fantasy novel, the first of an intended trilogy (aren't all the good ones trilogies?). The name is not set in stone quite yet, but my working title is The Last Wildfighter: The Rise of the Troll King. If it sounds a bit cliche, well that's ok I guess. While I am obsessive about having original ideas and concepts in the story, I don't take myself so seriously that I can't allow the influences of my mentors and idols to leak into my style. Therefore, while I can promise that there will be no Aragorns or Gimlis, there probably will be some awesome heroic rangers and an uncouth dwarf or two.

The main reason I joined Mythic Scribes is to learn and to brainstorm with other writers. So I Googled "fantasy writers forums" and guess what was number one?

I also hope to share some of my work, and hopefully read some of yours as well, to get new ideas and give and receive feedback, and be inspired.

Also I'm getting tired of this conversation:
"I'm writing a book."
"Really? What's it about?"
"The mythical quest a young man who is learning the ancient art of Wildfighting."
"So it's like a fantasy thing?"
"Yeah."
"Oh."
The End.

Are we the only people that appreciate fantastic works of fiction? If so, at least I have you people.

Glad to be here!

Welcome! I'm sure there are some people who care :O though I have given up trying to tell people about my ideas too... well welcome anyway.

Ha ha! That sounds like the conversations I have!

"You're writing a book?"
"Um... yup."
"That's amazing! What's it about?"
"Uh. Dragons."
"..."

Welcome to the forum!