• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Skyrim Strategy Guide - Collector's Edition

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
I broke down and ordered the hardcover edition of the Skyrim Game Guide. I found the best price on Amazon, which has it for $15 less than anywhere else:

Skyrim Official Game Guide: Collector's Edition

This guide is over 650 pages long, with hundreds of pages of maps. It also comes with a free code for an "Interactive World Map," whatever that is.

Who else plans on getting the game guide?

I've never really bought game guides (most likely because I don't have a real job and so don't really have my own money to spend) but I've always found that there are plenty of good walkthroughs and other helpful hints to be found online. Are guides really worth it?

Johnny Cosmo

Inkling
I don't usually go for guides or walkthroughs, especially for a game like Skyrim. It's an open RPG that emphasises the characters journey, so it wouldn't make much sense to follow a set of instructions to me.

I agree with Johnny on this one. Games that are so open with an emphasis on the journey -don't really need a guide. I bought the Collector's Edition for Dragon Age:Origin and while impressive didn't really give me anything I didn't figure out on my own. (I bought the guide after playing thru once).