• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Help me choose what to read next!

Ireth

Myth Weaver
So I bought 5 books at a thrift store today, and I have no idea which of them to read next! Four of them were ones I hadn't even heard of. I'm just curious as to whether anyone has read them, and if so, whether they liked it/would recommend I read it first.

The Dragonbone Chair, Tad Williams
Daughter of Exile, Isabel Glass
Spiggot's Quest, Garry Kilworth
The White Raven, Diana L. Paxson
Finders-Seekers, Gayle Greeno

Dragonbone Chair is the only one I know. Still, the series is one of the best of the pre-Martin, pre-Sanderson fantasy years--

Wait, you only got the one book? Never mind, you want the whole series first.

Dragonbone Chair is the only one I know. Still, the series is one of the best of the pre-Martin, pre-Sanderson fantasy years--

Wait, you only got the one book? Never mind, you want the whole series first.

I think Ireth could still read that one first though since it is the first in the series. Followed by Stone of Farewell and To Green Angel Tower. But like you I haven't heard of the rest of them though. Not that some of the story is told by secondary characters though as well as the main. I have yet to read the other two. From what I remember of the first one it was OK but I really can't remember much about it.

Mythopoet

Auror
I actually though that Tad Williams series was awful. I wouldn't recommend to anyone. The hero is bland, bland, bland and the climax is soooo stupid. Also, it takes FOREVER to get there. There's so much useless material I have no idea why it wasn't better edited. The last book in the "trilogy" should really be 2 books, but he was under contract for 3. So it was either edit the damn book or just make it a lethal weapon. He went with the latter.

Ireth

Myth Weaver
Thus far I've gotten through Spiggot's Quest and Daughter of Exile. I enjoyed the former a fair bit more than the latter. Now, which one next...