• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hi everyone

Myoho

Acolyte
Hi guys,

Obviously my name is not Myoho, It's Peter. Myoho is the name my Zen teacher gave me and it works just fine as a forum user name, right?

So, finally I did it! I managed to work up the courage to join this site and forum. I have this chronic low self esteem thing, you know. Especially about my writing. Signing up for a writers forum seemed a bit... well, ambitious. English is not my first language you see, I'm Dutch so if you see odd sentences or expressions, please try and overlook them if you can?

Working on a book in the magic/fantasy genre. My 10 years old son in helping me by listening and often makes some surprisingly useful suggestions. He is my conscience, guide to the mind of a ten year old and highly allergic to plots and things not plausible. Magic and wonderful worlds full of strange creatures are just fine. Can't have enough magic in a story. Seeing a ghost and not getting scared, now that is nót an acceptable reaction. He won't let me get away with something unrealistic as that. Wonderful, how a child's mind works isn't it? I/We just passed the 70k word line and I'm just now becoming aware of a new problem. This is going to be a real door stopper when it's done! Thinking of splitting it in a series maybe. We will see.

Writing has always been there for me. As long as I can remember, I have been trying to express things in words. Make the language sing and the readers mind dance. I guess you is a writer when you have all kinds of little notebooks, hidden in all kinds of weird places like cigarettes. Always at the ready for those moments of inspiration that seem to come at the most inconvenient times. There is nothing worse than knowing you had a great idea and not being able to recall it later!

Big fan of Rothfuss and Jordan but also of Eco and many others.

I'm sure there is lots to learn from all of you and I look forward to making some cool writer friends!

Hope to talk to you soon!

Myoho

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met Myoho
I'm sure that Tolkien read the Hobbit to his kids, so you are off to a good start with that audience of 1.
This is a great place to learn and share.
Leap on in when you have half a mind.