• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hobbit Production Diary #4 - 3D Cameras

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Apparently Sir Peter is using new 3D technology which looks very promising:

Keep your eyes pealed for an old friend making a surprise appearance.

Last edited:
The sadness comes with realization that after The Hobbit, that's hit...no more big-screen for Middle Earth. I highly doubt they'll do anything with those other texts from the Tolkien clan. I can't wait to see these. I try to keep up with the new articles and info about the project as it pops up on the internet.

Thanks for sharing this video!

I dunno, I bet you could come up with some decent movies out of what's in the Silmarillion. Making a great movie out of great source material isn't necessarily easy, but a good writer and director can work with decent material and make a great movie.

Thalian

Scribe
So excited to see this movie, yet I am a little weary about the 3D production since I have never been much of a fan of 3D movies, but in Peter Jackson I Trust.

myrddin173

Maester
The sadness comes with realization that after The Hobbit, that's hit...no more big-screen for Middle Earth. I highly doubt they'll do anything with those other texts from the Tolkien clan. I can't wait to see these. I try to keep up with the new articles and info about the project as it pops up on the internet.

Thanks for sharing this video!

They could always do Narn i Charn i Hurin (I think I spelled that right). For those of you who can't speak Sindarin I'll translate, The Tale of the Children of Hurin. While it is detailed in the Silmarillion it is also its own book.

They could always do Narn i Charn i Hurin (I think I spelled that right). For those of you who can't speak Sindarin I'll translate, The Tale of the Children of Hurin. While it is detailed in the Silmarillion it is also its own book.

Yeah, wasn't a huge fan of that one, but it was ok. Also, Thalian, I am in the exact same boat.