• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Good morning, campers.

My name is Uncle Ernie and it is my extreme pleasure to welcome you the the wondrous and exciting world of Tommy's Holiday Camp.

(I hate introductions)

I've been writing for as long as I can remember. My first story involved extra-terrestrials and flying saucers, and I made my baby sitter look up the words in a dictionary to get all the correct spellings. My oldest story I still have a copy of was actually written in French and is about an elf named "Bras d'or" (Golden Arm) who defeats a giant blue troll by tricking him and knocking him into a volcano. I have no idea why he was called Golden Arm. Probably had something to do with his skill with a long bow or something.

In my adult life I have written 8 novels and dozens of short stories, none of which you have read or even heard of because they're sitting in the closet under the stairs. I've recently started to pull them out, dust them off and to re-work them for publication, or at least to share. If anyone will have them, that is.

You can read more of my ramblings at Stories I Found in the Closet. I also write about tabletop role-playing games and make bad jokes at www.RuleofTheDice.com.

You may also find me in dark corners of the Internet discussing the hottest storylines going in professional wrestling today.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
You are already as cool! I think some people may think we're the same person (like RPGs, pro wrestling fans, etc.) At some point we need to be photographed in the same place to dispel these rumors.