• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Writing a fantasy epic

Starscream

Dreamer
Hi I'm new here, recently i decided that i wanted to write a trilogy but i didn't know if i had what it takes, i wanted to show case my first chapter and maybe get some feedback but i can't find a section for that.. anyone interested in being my editor and or critique ?

Thanks in advance

Ireth

Myth Weaver
The Showcase part of this site will open to you when you have five forum posts or more. Look around and join in some threads elsewhere, and you'll have access soon enough. :D

Penpilot

Staff
Article Team
Hi I'm new here, recently i decided that i wanted to write a trilogy but i didn't know if i had what it takes, i wanted to show case my first chapter and maybe get some feedback but i can't find a section for that.. anyone interested in being my editor and or critique ?

Thanks in advance

Well, Starscream, it appears you have decided to write some fleshling type novels hmm. You will be permitted to do so as long as all dedications are made towards our lord and master Megatron. All Hail Megaron!

Ok, I'll stop now.

Any way, welcome to the boards. Taking on the task of writing a book won't be easy, but honestly, the first ingredient of "having what it takes" is determination. You will make mistakes. You will stumble and fall, but as long as you get back up and keep going, you'll have what it takes to finish.

A writer I really admire is Mur Lafferty. Before she got published, she was a struggling writer with a podcast. She said something to the effect that she may not be the most talented writer, but she was going to be the most determined. While others would get discouraged and give up, she would push on and be the last one standing. Last I heard she has a book deal with Orbit.