• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Hey guys :)

Hi, i'm Tayler, i'm 16 and in college studying ancient history, classical civ. and philosophy, i absolutely LOVE music and anything that happed before 1AD, i've been writing properly for about 3 years and i cannot write short stories, its either a full novel or a few lines.
Erm, i can't think of anything else to write so i'll leave it there
Bye :) x

Legerdemain

Troubadour
Hello Tayler, studying classics is awesome! My soon to be wife is a classics wiz, and loves it with a passion, so I know quite a bit. As for stories, try to write a short one or two. It's amazing how hard it can be, but it's very rewarding, because you cannot waste words. I'm a long writer too, but I was told by Reyolds Price (an famous author) to write short when writing long, so I pass that one when I can. Best!

Black Dragon

Staff
Administrator
Hey Taylor!

It's wonderful having you here.

i cannot write short stories, its either a full novel or a few lines.
I know the feeling exactly. I've never been able to successfully write a short story, only novels. I think there's a special skill involved in short story writing, which enables you to pare your story down to the essentials. I can't seem to do that. Everything that I write ends up being epic. :)

Welcome to the community. The civilizations that came before us are beautiful and I find it fascinating myself. I also like your profile name.

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
Hail and well met ScaryFairyPrincess
In Wiltshire you are pretty much front and centre for deep history Britain... Avebury, Stonehenge, Woodhenge, Silbury Hill etc... lucky, lucky, lucky...
Leap on in when the fluence takes you.

Welcome to the space! :)

I hope you enjoy it here as much as I do! Check out the threads, jump into the challenges, and come hang out in the chat and get to know some of us.

Need anything just ask.
All the best,
~BL~