• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

What do you listen to?

Wiciran

Acolyte
A lot if stuff. Although I tend to listen to a lot of soundtracks. Preferably things from Lord of the Rings and of course Audiomachine, Two Steps from Hell, and Brand X Music.

My two favourite bands are Faith No More and Katatonia. I could basically listen to those two on shuffle forever.

Apart from that, I must admit that I have a soft spot for Maroon 5 and, of course, Michael Jackson.

acapes

Sage
My two favourite bands are Faith No More and Katatonia. I could basically listen to those two on shuffle forever.

Apart from that, I must admit that I have a soft spot for Maroon 5 and, of course, Michael Jackson.

Hey Handsome John - best FNM album in your opinion?
Are you a fan of Bungle too? :)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Following my renewed interest on La Oreja de Van Gogh, today I wanted to share another beautiful song by them. This is actually my favorite song by the talented Spanish band, to the point that it makes me cry almost every time that I listen to it.

Europa VII.

[video=youtube_share;rC9QUqZGYX4]http://youtu.be/rC9QUqZGYX4[/video]

The song is a short, emotional narration by a female astronaut lost in space. Her ship is crippled and about to crash somewhere one lightday out of the solar system, and she realizes how insignificant Earth and even the Sun look from the distance.

The astronaut begins to cry when she understands that she belongs not to her country but to Earth, which is our home in the terrifying vastness and solitude of space... she takes off the flag of her spacesuit, and comes to the conclusion that the life of every person is incredibly valuable from the perspective that she has gained seconds before death.

I love everything except for profane rap and screamo. My favorite genres are classic rock and pop though. I also love to listen to Two Steps from Hell and soundtracks from various movies and games such as The lord of the rings, the hobbit, Nintendo's Legend of Zelda, Skyrim, and others.

Addison

Auror
I recently got into the bands "Owl City" and "Skittles". I got started on Skittles by clicking on the wrong video when searching you tube for "I need a hero", and Owl City after listening to Shine On. I highly recommend them. :)

teacup

Auror
I'm not sure whether I've posted this before or not, but this guy is great. He does Acapella of lots of videogame songs.

Last edited by a moderator:

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
Obsession of the moment - "If I Die Young," by The Band Perry. It suits our character Winter Mulcahy, as she is right now in the writing of Faerie Rising, perfectly. (And I realize that this sentence only makes sense to other writers. :D )

teacup

Auror

This is my favourite singer, Dan Avidan. He's done lyrics for 2 serious bands - The Northern Hues and Skyhill (Album is Run With The Hunted) - and this song as well as this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RezixA-lHZo&feature=youtu.be

I'll explain the text on the 1st song's image, for anybody who doesn't know...He's part of a comedy band called Ninja Sex Party, playing the character "Danny Sexbang." The band also collaborated with Egoraptor, a popular animator on the internet, in the rap album Starbomb (comedy raps about videogames.) I recommend these two bands, if the humour is for you. I just love his singing. (He and Egoraptor are part of a gaming channel on youtube called "GameGrumps" too.)

Warrioress

Scribe
I listen to all kinds of everything... I'm not very up on what music is what genre but i like almost anything you can dance to, like: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Ruslana, Beyonce, Jessie J, Kate Boy, Kesha, Lorde, Little Mix, Imelda May, Shakira,Warpaint, Superchick... etc etc...(also i don't always like all a certain artist's songs..sometimes only one or two)
But when I'm writing i like to listen to something that goes with the current emotion in my story sometimes Enya and random Celtic music it really depends.

We thought you were a myth.

Well, you were myth-taken

- Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Stardust

Dreamer
I mostly listen to metal, my favourite subgenre being symphonic power metal (like Epica and Within Temptation).
When I write, I like listening to instrumental soundtracks from artists like Two Steps from Hell. It really adds to the atmosphere!

Jabrosky

Banned
I listen to a variety of genres. I seem to be most fond of movie and videogame soundtracks, so-called world or ethnic music, pop, R&B, and metal. Let me listen some favorite musicians and bands, in no particular order:

Within Temptation
Evanescence
Disturbed
Machine Head
Usher
Rihanna
Hans Zimmer
Celldweller
Lebo M (he was the guy behind the African vocals in The Lion King)
Phil Collins (especially his songs from Tarzan)

I love folk metal: Eluveitie, Ensiferum and Equilibrium - I seem to have a thing for bands that start with E.
Within Temptation is an old favorite. Oh, and trailer music is awesome. My favorite composer is Mark Petrie, but Two Steps From Hell is great too.

And then there's Fever Ray that I just can't seem to get enough of.

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have liked Lyriel for a long time, they are a very cool metal folk band with a unique style and my favorite songs by them are Enchanted Moonlight, Memoria and Autumntales.

This time, I wanted to share Lyriel's song Prisonworld:

[video=youtube_share;rfGgJ1U7_qk]http://youtu.be/rfGgJ1U7_qk[/video]

The video shows the band playing at a concert, how cool is that? This song is currently inspiring me a lot while I write my Frozen fanfiction The Arendelle War.

@Northern Winds: Welcome to Mythic Scribes! I like Within Temptation and Eluveitie, too =)

Fyle

Inkling
Anything that has some heart and isnt mass marketed by music companies to be mainstream.

When writing, ya, instrumental is best. Lyrics can be distracting in many cases.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
Currently listening to a lot of stuff like this:
It's got a driving, pumping, beat, but at the same time it's also soothing and inspiring.

CorvusCorax

Dreamer
To very loosely define my music tastes; I like rock, metal, and other "alternative" genres of music.

To get more specific; I like goth, post-punk, gothic rock/gothic metal, grunge, and similar genres the most.
Basically I like my music heavy and/or dark yet melodic and/or poetic. If that makes any sense at all.

My favourite bands include HIM, Deftones, Joy Division, Alice in Chains, the Sisters of Mercy, The Cure, Nirvana, and Type O Negative.

And the Ramones.

And Misfits.

I'm gonna stop now.