• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Looking for an online critique partner

Basically what the title says. I'm writing an epic fantasy novel, I've been working on it for about three months now (nawww! it's a cute little babything!) so it's still very rough and my writing methods is somewhat haphazard - I write chapter 3, then chapter 8, then back to chapter 2, etc, as the inspiration strikes. So far, I have a lovely cast of characters, my basic plot, the word (I actually started worldbuilding quite young, due to living in a tiny little village as a preteen), and the backstories and motivations of several organisations.

If anyone is interested in doing some critique exchanges, shoot me a PM or reply here, I'm not fussed either way.

-Griff

shwabadi

Minstrel
Hey man, I'd totally be interested in something like that. I'm quite a critical reader so I think I'd be able to give some decent critique and help polish your writing if anything. Plus my writing is far from perfect so I wouldn't mind a bit of back and forth :)

Awesome, thanks so much! That sounds perfect. I prefer more critical over less, and I can moderate my critical-ness from gentle to blistering, depending on what you prefer, so it should work well. I just got back from holiday, but I'll PM you in the morning. :)

Fyle

Inkling
I'm looking for someone to test read my story up to chapter 3 (including the prolouge I may or may not include).

If you wanna swap a few chapters, I'd be happy to give thoughts on yours; whatever you want the critique to be about.

If interested PM me.

My story is knitty-gritty medieval fantasy. Nothing more needs to said really.

JoiceArcher

Scribe
I'd be up for it :) Am in about the same position as you, so I know how it is to have a baby-novel in the making ;)
Am a critical reader but most of all a structure freak. So I might be able to look into the overall framework.

Just PM if you're interested :)

Demonox

I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I just stumbled across this forum after getting a bad reception on reddit and I was basically looking for the same thing. I'm writing a fantasy story in a sci-fi universe and I'd love to be able to talk one-on-one or in a small group to get feedback on my story and help others with theirs. I have a fleshed-out world and backstory for everything, but I've only written the prologue and some bits and pieces of chapters so far. I'm struggling a bit with where to direct things for the middle of the story, so maybe working together would help me - and everyone else - out.

WilliamD

Acolyte
I don't mean to revive an old thread, but I just stumbled across this forum after getting a bad reception on reddit and I was basically looking for the same thing. I'm writing a fantasy story in a sci-fi universe and I'd love to be able to talk one-on-one or in a small group to get feedback on my story and help others with theirs. I have a fleshed-out world and backstory for everything, but I've only written the prologue and some bits and pieces of chapters so far. I'm struggling a bit with where to direct things for the middle of the story, so maybe working together would help me - and everyone else - out.

I wouldn't mind giving some feedback.