• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Darkblade

Troubadour
I just sold my second short story! Not nearly as excited as I was when I sold my first one but pretty damn close.

Jabrosky

Banned
Here's another reason to appreciate myself: I finished the first draft of a 3,300-word short story tonight. Now I just need to get it reviewed and polished.

Noma Galway

Archmage
This isn't strictly writing related, but I just organized all my fiction and poetry into like 50 different folders and backed them up twice. I'm feeling good :)

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
This isn't strictly writing related, but I just organized all my fiction and poetry into like 50 different folders and backed them up twice. I'm feeling good :)

That's a lot more writing related than you think, kiddo. Trust me, regular organization and backups will save you many headaches and heartaches and leave you free to create. You should feel good!

A. E. Lowan

Forum Mom
Leadership
This was several days ago (I'm late reporting due to family stuff), but we're still squee'ing over it. Earlier this week, we signed our very first publishing agreement! Thank you to Steerpike for the opportunity to chair dance. We're terribly excited!

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Short story submitted for an anthology publication today after completing the 4th draft.

14k words in total.

A special thanks to Caiged Maiden for her assistance and insights.

I finally, finally have an agreed-upon contract to publish Blood Price (formerly known as Extraordinary, formerly known as Kids These Days, and I think it had an earlier title when I first joined the site.) For reference, I finished all edits on the final draft of the story last September. In the time it took me to publish it, I completed and fully edited an entirely new story of the same length, plus a few short stories. I can't even feel happy about getting it published, since the story feels like it's so far in the past now, but I guess I've at least gotten that dealt with. (And maybe going to conventions and such to try to promote it will at least feel like a fresh experience.)

Well done, Feo! Hopefully more to come for you.

As for myself, just passed 50,000 words.

Totally unedited, but it's a start.

Unfortunately, it contains plenty of adult themes so I can't post for reviews/critiques here, but I'm still pretty stoked.

First rounds of editor comments and suggestions down... I have the second book rattling around in my brain, but I am afraid to get too far into it before I am done with final edits of the first. I feel a little like a dog chasing its tail. :(

While waiting I started a new series and a handful of short stories. But I am chomping at the bit to get back to my first love. I almost feel like I am cheating.

The Maven

Scribe
I got my manuscript back from the editor.. My publishing company is in the process of being approved for registration and I have just completed setting up the Facebook page.. Hell yeah :D

ThinkerX

Myth Weaver
Submitted the first chapter of 'Labyrinth' to 'Flogging the Quill.'

Flogging the Quill

Not a smashing success, but not a flop, either. If I'd bothered to re-edit for the umpteenth time I probably would have spotted the noted issues. But...hey, half of the folks there were willing to 'turn the page.'

Now to finish rewriting the last chapter or two before NaNoWriMo starts...