• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Garldath! - World of Shimmereth! New W.I.P World

intipablo

Scribe
Hello all welcome to my new world and i hope you enjoy!

Garldath:

An ancient civilisation with a history still thought of today as one of the most bloody and contested, but at the same time, inspiring and influential.

Located in one of the three remaining habitable areas of the world of Shimmereth (a fiery, blazing meteorite-ridden wasteland all but blasted to smithereens in the great geological catastrophe of 18463BT — Before Terrazah), Garldath covers a medium-sized area of land and
ocean, largely arid but with a stunning oasis in the dead centre which houses the capital, Norgarl.

Two main ethnic groups call Garldath home, the Dojos and the Fothay, who until the long winter war of 19456BT, lived in harmony. The dojos are a people of strong faith and have always followed the religion of Terrazah whereas the Fothay are an atheistic people, who focus on a scientific understanding of the world.

The main commercial exchange in Garldath focuses around the salt plains, related mining there, and coconuts, which are prolific in the main capital region.

Dwellings are varied, particularly those of the Fothay who focus on creative architecture and individuality as well as structural integrity.

The long winter war was a devastating 18 year war between the two ethnic groups, ostensibly based on religious differences, but really entirely manufactured by the Calepian peoples of another Shimmereth civilisation, Yooramath, which sought to divide Garldath in order to weaken it so their rich in minerals salt plains could be seized and profited from.

So there it is! i would write more but i decided that if you wanted more just ask me and i can reply to you in the comments section! :)

arboriad

Scribe
Intriguing. :) To clarify, there's no actual 'winter' in this desert land? It sounds like a sad time in history - warfare, bloodshed- is referred to as a winter of human relations. Otherwise do you envisage snowfall? Or did something happen to the world transitioning it from mid-Europe to Sahara? :)

intipablo

Scribe
Hey! Thankyou both for your feedback! :)

Ok so i have decided to continue on this post

Last edited:

intipablo

Scribe
Yes, The winter is referring to a winter of human relations like a low point in human history. But your questions are great and making me think heaps more about the history and evolution of the civilization.

intipablo

Scribe
More information i've been working on, i just filled in some questions for myself to answer! :) Enjoy!

Shimmereth
three civilisations: Garldath, Yooramath and Landorf.

Terrazah
Who was this godlike creature?

Named Zah, lived the world helping people and their needs.While fighting and battling those who believed in inequality and thought it was inevitable. Giving birth to a religion name Terrazah.

What do they believe? Is there a main text that outlines this religion?

The Dojos (Followers of Terrazah) believe in peace but also war if needed. They like communitys and working together.

There is a text and only one copy of it in the Temple of Landorf where Zah was born and the text was named Zarnot, which means “Peace” in the language of Zah. The text includes many short storys and Zahs history in Shimmereth

What role did Terrazah play in history? What happened in year 0, i.e. the year before 1BT?

Terrazah was formalized in year 0 After Zah and his followers took control of the world and made it peaceful. This age gave birth to how the years are named as BT means “Before Terrazah”.

Garldath
Norgarl: describe the capital. Population? Main buildings/activity? Political structure? Landscape?
Other main cities? Do people mainly live in the rural or metro areas?
Do the Dojos and Fothay live everywhere, or are some areas for some and others for the others?
Seasons? Climate?

A capital based on industry and military but also have many agricultural farms and a democratic government. Equality is crucial in Garldath and eveyone must agree to the new governments terms when they are chosen. If they do not agree a new government will be chosen.

Estimated population: 1,345,678 million, almost half the population of Yooramath and a bit more than Landorf.

There are daily jobs to be done and anyone who wants to can go do them but they are optional. Many buildings roam the civilization, mostly communal but also houses.

The land of Garldath is near an ocean but has an oasis in the middle and many plains on the outskirts which are mostly filled with desert land and salt plains but a few farms in patches where water sources have been found.

All year round Few days aren't hot and those that aren't are cherised by the people.

The Dojos and Fothay are scattared and there are no rules of friendship between them but most of them keep away from one another.

Salt plains and mining
describe them
what minerals?
Mining process?
Technology??

Most minerals found in the mountains are either: Moonrock, Copper (an old rusty metal from before 0BT) and Grandock. Copper is used for building and Moonrock and Grandock are used for tools and weapons.

To mine Garldath use big drills that took long to engineer after the people requested that it was nature friendly and that it would not pollute the world. These drills enter the mountains and come out with big chunks of ore and a lot of stone.

Technology in Garldath is crucial and is constantly advancing. They have good and fresh material to continue with exploration and are always improving the life of the people by using it. Making sure the people are always outside and doing exercise the Technology has been proven to be one of the best in the world of Shimmereth.
Coconuts
describe?
Trees?
What are they used for?
How processed?
Etc.

Cocunuts are a plant and type of food from Before 0BT and are used lots in the commercial and trading hub of Garldath. They are native to Garldath and the other two Civilizations love them. It is the traditional plant in Garldath and they are grown in Trees at the Oasis in the centre. They are used for many meals for the people but as said before are mostly used for trade.
They are eaten straight after taken off the tree but take 2-5 months to become ripe, which is when they can be taken off and eaten. The shells are used for cutlery and servingware.

Dojos
language/communication:
Culture:
religion (Terrazah):
physical appearance:
customs:
food:
housing:
physical activity/sport:
music:
art:
education:

They follow the Language of Zah but also speak English (Another thing from before year 0BT).
There religion is Terrazah and they love creating things and romance.
They are humans just like the Fothay but also have pets (Gyplars) who accompany them everywhere.
They eat normal food and sometimes gift it to Zah, but they also have their own cultural foodbook that was accepted by Zah.
They educate the same way as the fothay but seperately and with an extra class where they learn about Terrazah.
The music and Art for the Dojos are like those of Fothay but they make art differently with something they call paint which they got from before Year 0BT.

Fothay
language/communication:
Culture:
atheism:
scentific capacity:
physical appearance:
customs:
food:
housing:
physical activity/sport:
music:
art:
education:

The Fothay Communicate in English and nothing more. But a few know Zah just to spread their vocabulary. They are atheists and believe in no god but science making them intrigued with life before year 0BT and Garldath produce most of their scientists from the Fothay.

They are humans and they eat common food and also love the cocunuts. They live in big houses in the middle of Garldath and renovate when they want. They are always physical and up for exercise. As said before they educate seperately from the Dojos and without the class for Terrazah. They listen to music and make art like the Dojos but do not use paint and prefer making their art from Trango which is a type of mineral they get imported from Landorf to draw.

Long winter war of 19456BT
what happened? Describe the years? Suffering? Who won? Was there a winner?
Role of the Calepian peoples....

The long winter is sometimes said as the dark age, where dragons came to live and blood covered the world. The people suffered for years and it all started with false information from the Calepians. The Calepians planted false information to turn the people of Garldath against one another, and then to strike when they were at their weakest to steal Garldaths minerals and resources. In the end Garldath defended and drove the Calepians back to their homeland. But it took long for both sides to recover after.