• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

NaNoWriMo

pskelding

Troubadour
19800 words, behind but working on the catch up. Ran into a big plot issue and will be skipping 2 or 3 scene and picking back up.

I'm still in it! I'll get the 50k!

Shadoe

Sage
I'm at about 33,000 words. I really wanted to be further at this point. Hoping to get at least 10,000 words in tomorrow. Love to work on it Sunday too, but I gotta work. And I'll probably be working 14 hour days next week too. What a mess.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm at about 28,000 now. So I'm a little behind. But I have a weekend to get caught up and a day off in the middle of the week which will help too. I dig the story so far, and I'm thinking of working on it more after NaNoWriMo. Try to make it about 80,000 to 90,000 words. Yeah!

Shadoe

Sage
41,171 words so far. Not quite where I wanted to be about this time. And this week is all 13-14 hour days and then the holiday shuffle. I probably won't be able to get my computer out at all.

But on the good side, the end of the tunnel is in sight. I'm down to 12 more scenes. :)

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm at 36K now, still not completely where I want to be. But it's still going good. Curious to know what you guys are doing to boost your word counts? I have a day off tomorrow so I'm going to try to blast through and get 5K or so, I hope.

Shadoe

Sage
Until now, I've had a routine of prepping the next day's writing after work, then getting up at 3am so I could write for an hour or so before work. Now I'm too tired to get up any earlier than I have to. So I prep at work and write at night. Now I'm exhausted.

The weekend is my friend too. I try to do a lot of writing on the weekend in between naps. But I did have a detailed outline to begin with, so that helps. I don't spend nearly as much time staring at the blank wall trying to think of what I'm going to do with the scene as I usually do.

I'm at 44,955 words tonight. So tired, too. I'm hoping I'll be done in the next couple days.

come shadoe, you are nearly there! I believe in you.

I am at 40800 or something like that. I just had an idea of where everyone should be and they are all far apart right now, but they will be coming together soon for the final battle for Tolïś Castle, but I wont be finishing in november.

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
I'm at 43K. Still on track. Glad to see some you other guys are doing great too. Hope your novels turn into awesomeness!

Kelise

Maester
Finished today by getting just over 50k by a hundred or so words. Phew. Never had a year as hard as this one.

Stupid illnesses.

Shadoe

Sage
This weekend, I wrote a grand total of 206 words.

I also traveled 2,000 miles, spent the better part of a day in airports, realized that all hotels are now using the same bathroom supplier, realized I should never again leave my car in a place without Writing It Down, spent a couple thousand dollars on crap I don't need, and read the new Janet Evanovich novel. I've decided to blame Evanovich for my lack of productivity.

JCFarnham

Auror
DONE!

If anyone is having trouble with word counts, paste what you want to add writing wise into this page Word Counter is get a total before you add that to Nano. I don't think I had any discrepancies. Even considering I was writing with OpenOffice.

And now we return you to my previously schedualed celebration ...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

[p.s. I'm not trying to rub it in, or anything, genuinely. This was my first Nano and I was almost certain I would only get 30k done.]

myrddin173

Maester
Congrats! Sadly I fell out of my grove a while ago and haven't been able to get back into it. I think I reached about 15K which is about 15K more than I have written in a continuous story, ever. I am reminded of a fortune cookie I once ate, it's fortune was "Do not let ambitions overshadow small successes." Anyways I'm just proud that I even attempted, hopefully I will do better next year.

JCFarnham

Auror
You will. That's what I've been telling myself all through November: "You WILL do this", "You WILL win".

^_^ Good luck to everyone else who has yet to finish. You can do, I know you can!