• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Co-Reader (Reading Bro?)

HELLO ADMINS!!!! *waves*

This is probably in the wrong place, and so, if it is, just put it in the write place. Plz :)

Now, onto the meat of the question. I currently have two decent manuscripts. Not finished, as in, polished and everything. But about 90% done. Maybe a shade more.

And this is the crux of my problem. I'm 17. None of my friends are particularly bookish, so they hesitate to read to massive documents (154k and 218k respectively) and, though they're good people, they cant give me real, writers advice. Same for my parents, who aren't massive fantasy fans. And my mum isn't a fan of reading about gore and swearing.... :)

And I don't do English at my Sixth Form, and the one English Teacher who I've approached was a bit...icy.

So I need someone (preferably one who can deal with too much swearing in the book, who likes epic/sword and sorcery/grimdark/ military fantasy - maybe a cross between the Dresden Files and the Malazan Series, who would be willing to read my manuscript.

In exchange, I will do everything I can to help you with your script, if it is so needed, either as a idea-spewer, or as a beta-reader.

....Anyone interested in becoming my, for want of a better word, (and a degree of awesomeness) my Reading/ Writing Bro. (Or Bro-ess. I'm cool (ish) )

Uh. Hi. That'd be me I think. I'm not the most excellent at Grammar or English, but I can generally tell what a sentence means if the wrong word is used, and point it out. :D
I'm a big fan of Dark Fantasy, and military Science-fiction/Fantasy, and generally anything involving cool stuff. Pretty much what you want is what I've been wanting for a while lol. In short; Yes. Me. Pick me please.