• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

I want to create my own mobile app game

Does anyone here happen to have his/her own mobile game? I have lots of cool ideas and I really want to create. I could really use some advice if you have done this before. Thank you!

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
I've done the FutureLearn course on making an app game in Java for Android [https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/begin-programming]
It was useful to see how things are done & at the end you end up with a Pong-style game of your very own!
I'm a lousy Programmer and that was about as far as I wanted to go with Java or Android until someone is willing to buy me a few SDKs and a whole lot of support... and a time-scale to learn it by - I work well under deadlines...

Awesome! I'll have to look into that. Do you know of any good companies that help in the developing process? Like Buildfire or Xamarin? I found them by searching Google but don't know anything about either. In that class did they talk about companies that could help?

CupofJoe

Myth Weaver
None were mentioned in the course, it was a teach yourself deal. There was an android/Java emulator [free to download and use] that we programmed through [but I've forgotten the name of that...]
good luck!