• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Looking for people for an alpha reader group.

Vilya

Scribe
Hi,

What I am looking for is six or seven committed fantasy/sci-fi novelists to post their work on a private forum on a bi-monthly basis. Each post should be between 1,000 and 3,500 words. Each member will be expected to give feedback on all other author's submissions every week.

Anyone who is interested should have a first chapter of a previous work ready to share, and be willing to give an example critique. I'm really trying to put together a group that can stay together. Having people that are fairly close in their writing abilities and depth of feedback makes for a more cohesive group. So please don't be put off by being asked for a submission. I'm not looking for the next rockstar of the writing or editing world. I'm just looking for people who are a good fit.

If you have any questions please, please feel free to ask.

vannel7

Hi,

I see you're looking to create a new group, but if you have no luck finding people, I'd like to invite you to one. We are a group of 5 (were once 7) who do exactly what you're looking for. We are looking to recruit a few new members soon as at least one person is going on a hiatus. Right now we're doing NaNoWriMo but we hope to get back to submissions soon. If you're curious, here's our address: Home | Cocoa Critique - Sci-fi/Fantasy Critique Group

I wish you luck in your search!

Vilya

Scribe
Thank you. I did happen to enough people though, but it was very nice of you to offer, especially since I am so new :)