• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Shameless Self-Appreciation Thread

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Today I am celebrating!

I have finally completed my Frozen fanfiction The Arendelle War, which is a carefully crafted and novella length-work that kept me concentrated writing for fifty days and nights consecutively.

The story was written between September 23 and November 8. This story has attracted a considerable enthusiasm and feedback from the Frozen fandom at the Fanfiction Net site, counting 68 reviews so far (okay, some of those are mine) and awaiting at least a few more now that the story is complete.

If you are interested, you can find The Arendelle War right here.

I am so happy! =)

C

Chessie

Congratulations, The Maven! I hope it does really well!

I'm feeling proud of myself and since most people in my life don't really know that I write (secretsss), sharing here that I've just started my 3rd book...which amazes me. Like...I actually have the mojo and mental retention to write books. If I finish by January (which is the plan), it will be the 3rd book I have written this year. Just awesome.

Ruby

Auror
Hi Sheilawisz, I've just read your first 12 chapters and I think your story is very good.
Do you recommend this website?

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
Hello everyone.

First of all, congratulations to you Dhesan (The Maven) for taking this great step in your career as an author. You have my best wishes for the success of your novel, keep up the good work!

@Chesterama: Awesome! The feeling of finishing a book is a great reward for any writer =)

@Ruby: Thank you very much for reading The Arendelle War. I hope that you will enjoy the rest of the story, because the battles get quite severe in later chapters and I go to represent the true nature and cruelty of war.

I highly recommend Fanfiction Net to any person interested in writing fanfics, because it's full of talented people and virtually all the stories shared there eventually receive a considerable and friendly feedback.

I'll soon start to write another Frozen fanfiction, after I finish The Purple Pumpkin.

Fyri

Inkling
I just finished the third rough manuscript of my first book!
I know I need to go and edit a lot, but I'm wondering if I should get more beta readers before I do that or should I hunt them out after I try editing from my own thoughts...?

Either way, I happy to say I am on the final stretch of the first book!

I made my first direct sale to someone who wasn't a friend or family member. L.B. Lee, the author of Cracks of Sunshine, posted that he wanted to see more transsexual characters who got to be heroes and save the world without all the usual tragedy and suffering. I mentioned Melody from Blood Price, and I convinced him to give it a try. Now I'm waiting to see what he thinks.

Amanita

Maester
I've just finished the first draft of my story from NaNo this year. Did drag on a bit after the "peer pressure" was gone but it's done now and waits for me having some distance for editing.

Svrtnsse

Staff
Article Team
I just had a look through the rest of the outline of my current wip and I got really excited about some of the upcoming scenes I'll get to write later on. It's going to be awesome fun and I think it might turn out really great. It's a most wonderful feeling and it's made me really happy after a few rather miserable days. :)

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
I just finished going through the entire manuscript of my WIP. 160,000 words. I printed the whole catastrophe and I've read through it, making notes.

It's a mess, of course. There are whole sections duplicated. Even more sections where I've written the same scene two or three (or five!) different ways. Entire others scenes that consist of little more than a note "something needs to go here".

But it's the first time I have looked at the entire work as a work. I'm feeling both pleased and overwhelmed. That's a good thing, right?

Anyway, just that. Needed to say it to fellow writers. :)

T.Allen.Smith

Staff
Nice, Skip.

Feeling accomplished today as well.

I completed the rough draft of a new novel today. 66k words written in 56 days.

There's a lot of revision work still ahead, which should fill the book out to somewhere within 70-75k, but I like the bones of this story. I'm certain I can whip it into something readers will like.

If anyone remembers Iron Pen XIV (I think it was 14, might be 15), the novel is based off the short story Benediction.

skip.knox

toujours gai, archie
T.Allen.Smith: 66,000 words in 56 days? Fantastic!

No, seriously, that's a fantasy, right?
(sorry, couldn't resist)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have finished writing Whispers of the Witch!

This makes me very happy today and for many days to follow, because this story was really hard and took a very long time to complete. I started working on it November 9 2014, and I just finished it yesterday, November 7 2015... Almost an entire year after the day it began.

The problem with Whispers of the Witch was that the story never really clicked with me, many times it would refuse to dance and function properly and I was struggling to tell it... Then other, more interesting stories to tell got in the way, and I stopped working on Whispers for a very long time.

Well, now it's done! It's finished!

I have enjoyed and loved the story after all, I'll be thinking about Starlight, Shellfire and Alistair for a long time and the road is open to write a third installment and finish everything...

Whispers of the Witch is the sequel to Violet Riding Hood, and you can find it at the Halloween Challenge =)

Sheilawisz

Queen of Titania
I have finished writing my story Winter Hollow!

This one was for sure the saddest story that I have ever written, and completing it has been a real challenge. I have worked with great patience on Winter Hollow since September 2 2015, and finally it was finished at January 17 2016 while I enjoyed Nightwish music and an excellent white wine.

Special Thanks to the band Nightwish for their fantastic song Ever Dream, which inspired me like dynamite during the final chapters of Winter Hollow.

In case that you want to read a story that combines a medical thriller with elements of a Ghost story, you can find it at the Showcase =)

Last edited:
C

Chessie

I had my first Kindle Unlimited borrow. Yeah, it's not that big of a deal but coming from someone who dreamed of publishing stories since childhood, this is a huge first step in the right direction. I actually wrote a book, finished it, went through the tireless process of editing it, made the cover, wrote the blurb, and figured out how to upload it on Amazon. One borrow so far but it feels good to know that I actually started the process. :)

Heliotrope

Staff
Article Team
What is it? I want to borrow it! My husband got me kindle unlimited for Christmas and I would love to read it...