• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Dragon Age series

Smith

Minstrel
I still feel really awful
sacrificing Stroud, as he seems to be one of the few senior member of the Grey Wardens left, but Fenris would never forgive me if I didn't give him the opportunity to punch Hawke in the face for making decisions about his life without asking him and leaving.
Would anyone here consider themselves a real Dragon Age enthusiast who likes delving into the lore of the world? I am monstrously intimidated, and I hate that feeling, but even after reading plenty, I'm still struggling to feel like I have more than a basic grasp on it all. Really looking for someone who understands the geeky urge and wouldn't mind theorising with me if I sling a few questions their way (full disclosure: this is for writing fanfiction).

And since I did play through DA2 before Inquisition (and had played through at least most of Origins), I do agree with everyone who suggested it at least improves the Inquisition experience. Personally, I also loved DA2 more than Origins, so I was glad I played it, anyway.

Last edited:

X Equestris

Maester
I still feel really awful
sacrificing Stroud, as he seems to be one of the few senior member of the Grey Wardens left, but Fenris would never forgive me if I didn't give him the opportunity to punch Hawke in the face for making decisions about his life without asking him and leaving.
Would anyone here consider themselves a real Dragon Age enthusiast who likes delving into the lore of the world? I am monstrously intimidated, and I hate that feeling, but even after reading plenty, I'm still struggling to feel like I have more than a basic grasp on it all. Really looking for someone who understands the geeky urge and wouldn't mind theorising with me if I sling a few questions their way (full disclosure: this is for writing fanfiction).

And since I did play through DA2 before Inquisition (and had played through at least most of Origins), I do agree with everyone who suggested it at least improves the Inquisition experience. Personally, I also loved DA2 more than Origins, so I was glad I played it, anyway.

Sure, I would mind. Feel free to shoot questions my way.

OH MY GOD I JUST FINISHED INQUISITION OMG THE TWIST AT THE END

Oh my god so I was upset because I was romancing Solas and he broke up with me and he said he would explain everything if we survived the end. WELL I SURVIVED AND OMG HE'S THE DREAD WOLF!!! I WAS FLIRTING WITH AN ELVEN GOD!!!! AND HE LIKES ME!!!!! MY CHARAACTER I MEAN!!!!
[video]http://www.youtube.com/feature=player_detailpage[/video]

Last edited:
Yea I mean Holy Crap I can't wait for the expansions. They have to give us more than that. I hope they make them like Awakening was. that expansion was pretty long and very enjoyable.

And thanks to everyone for keeping this twist under the Spoiler Shield. I'm still poking my way along, because if ever there was a game to play through slowly, Inquisition is it. :)

There's a little spot in the Hissing Wastes called the Tomb of Fairel:

Has anyone tried not solving the puzzle the tomb starts with? It's got a great reward and looks like the opening to a nifty further quest, but what about all those demons? Inquisition is so rich with other places to adventure, so has anyone thought of just skipping back to that camp now and then, collecting a couple rounds of demon essences and XP, and then fast-travelling on to save other parts of Thedas again? Cheesy but efficient.

Or maybe I'm still in shock that I managed to beat them more than once. When a 13th-level party gets four 16th-level demons dropped on them in a dark tomb, you see what four Focus abilities all at once can do. And then the demons triggered again and I actually beat them the hard way, and then again, and...

It's a fun room, and a pleasure to see a "slight problem in translation" cause so much havoc. Now if my necromancer could just bring that dead scholar back so I can kill him again. :)

Oh just a heads up for those who haven't beat inquisition yet, stockpile those essences. I was needing them and there's no way to buy them back or anything. Also, it's almost impossible to get more from spirits far into the game.

RonCNieto

Dreamer
@Smith: Me. I'm this kind of geek too, and I love fanfiction with a passion. I know many writers look t it down their nose, but not me! So feel free to hit me with any theories/stuff. I've gone through all the games and most of the DLC, and I may or may not have spent several hours poring through wikia content so... Yeah. Let's theorise.

@Everyone: Sorry guys, but I just beat Inquisition and need to let this out. I know there's a lot of people who don't enjoy the romances in Bioware games, or don't care much about them one way or the other, but for me, they are a HUGE part of the experience so...

How can my luck be this rotten??!?! Eight possible romances, 8! And I spend more than 200 hours pursuing the one without a happy ending. Not because I messed up, but because it's scripted that way! Come on, guys! Cut me some slack! I don't care if he's a god, a (dread) dog, or whatever. I wanted my boyfriend!

Ahhh... Rant over. That felt good. Thanks for listening ;)

Last edited:
How can my luck be this rotten??!?! Eight possible romances, 8! And I spend more than 200 hours pursuing the one without a happy ending. Not because I messed up, but because it's scripted that way! Come on, guys! Cut me some slack! I don't care if he's a god, a (dread) dog, or whatever. I wanted my boyfriend!

Ahhh... Rant over. That felt good. Thanks for listening ;)

I know right? I was like "No. This can't happen. Do what you said you would." And I freaked out for like 2 weeks about it.

RonCNieto

Dreamer
I'm actually a wee bit worried about this one. I've always gotten DLC and expansions and such, but I've never truly enjoyed them.

Exceptions:
-Dragon Age: Origins and DLC Return to Ostagar (revenge and closure, so sweet!)
-Neverwinter Nights 2 and Mask of the Betrayer (enjoyed it even better than the original campaign, because it didn't feel like such a dungeon crawl)

From the trailer, how do you think this one will turn out?

X Equestris

Maester
I haven't been able to play it, as I'm on PS4, but a lot of people have said it has a pretty interesting story. Also, the enemies are fairly high level, so if you've leveled up to the point that there aren't many real challenges, this should add some difficulty back in.

Mindfire

Istar
I haven't been able to play it, as I'm on PS4, but a lot of people have said it has a pretty interesting story. Also, the enemies are fairly high level, so if you've leveled up to the point that there aren't many real challenges, this should add some difficulty back in.

Hopefully it comes to PS4 soon.

Mindfire

Istar
During the Q&A over on Kotaku yesterday, one of the developers said they would be talking about that next week, so I'm hopeful it will be coming out then or soon after.

Awesome. Although I still need to finish the main story. I'm really taking my time with this one. Even more than I did with Origins. (So many side missions!) And plus I have a massive games backlog that I sometimes take a break to play. I still need to finish Shadow of Mordor...

Philip Overby

Staff
Article Team
Awesome. Although I still need to finish the main story. I'm really taking my time with this one. Even more than I did with Origins. (So many side missions!) And plus I have a massive games backlog that I sometimes take a break to play. I still need to finish Shadow of Mordor...

I'm in the same boat. I have Inquisition on stand-by right now as I was trying to replay the Mass Effect series (sort of...2 and 3 anyway, but I'm struggling to get through 3). I have Inquisition, Shadow of Mordor, Stick of Truth, and all sorts of stuff. And I just started playing Disgea on the PSP again. My life is too many games and too many books.