• Welcome to the Fantasy Writing Forums. Register Now to join us!

Random from my sketch book

JoiceArcher

Scribe
Hello,

I thought I'd share some random drawings from my sketch book. Wasnt too sure at first because I am too impatient for coloring and hair and unable to transform my paintings in PS or other media. I focus on emotions and hands, thats what I love drawings for. The following is just a random choice from my sketch book, mostly in ink and pencil...

p.s. sorry for the bad quality, my camera is not the best.

Hope you enjoy =)

the first one I wanted to share is Sabina, here shown with black hair (shes usually blond). I wanted to visualize her emotion, a silent cry.

SKMBT_C22014090512500-page-001.jpg

"Luxury of freedom" came soon after Sabina, still in a period of "drawing emotion". Here i wanted to focus less on face and hands but more on the movement of the body...

SKMBT_C22014090512541-page-001.jpg

Here something different, "Kamui" in two different styles... on one I just wanted to try his angel side, it was a practice for clothing and wings more than anything. The other is an attempted manga style

SKMBT_C22014090512530-page-001.jpg

DSC_0147.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

JoiceArcher

Scribe
Here some "outtakes". Why I did collages... well... I don't know. Just wanted to try to see how it looks combined with drawings since I am unable to use PS and this came out. Next time it'll bee less fashion drawing and more fantasy...
2011_1008_0721_30.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

JoiceArcher

Scribe
This is my character Chan, her first sketch in ink. Initially I didn’t even want to sketch but you know how it is when youre on the phone…
Chan.PNG

Folderol

Scribe
Lovely, Joice. You have a natural way with figures, which isn't true of everyone.

I'm surprised more people haven't commented here. I'd like to see more of your work!

Last edited: